<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The Little Things

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Little Things

I was proof reading a post today.  That's a fairly normal thing.  Sometimes I write them and save them here on blogger, sometimes I write them in Word and copy them over.  Either way, proof reading, verifying I like what I've written, then scheduling the post is something I do all the time.

Something else I do all the time is to tell my big dogs that they can't come near the part of the couch where I am sitting with my laptop.  They know this, but nudge their way over a few times a day on the off chance I will pet them instead of tell them to go away.  Today was no exception, and Butt Head Number 2 came over and smacked my mouse while I was typing and erased 1/4 of what I had written.  I took some advice and tried to recover the info only to have that erase the entire post.  Gone, in an instant.  I guess I should stop writing directly on blogger.

This all adds an already crumby morning and bad attitude that I've been having today.

When things are like this I find that I have to laugh at the little things... My blog is something I love, but it's just a blog.  My dogs drive me nuts, but they love me even when I'm mad at them.  Is it life or death that my post was erased?  No.  Am I still ticked off about it? Heck yes! I'm not one of those people that can recreate stuff like my blog posts when they are lost.  I'm a writer who must write in the moment, once that moment is gone, it's gone forever and I must wait for my next moment to come.

I've been working on taking the little things and not getting mad.  Examples include:
1. The fact that my new cell phone randomly decides that when I use my keyboard to type, I actually want all of the keys to act as shortcuts to other functions on my phone. It's irritating, but not the end of the world if I don't post something obnoxious on Twitter.
2. My sewing machine went capputs, but I have a back up machine that is cheap and sucks. But it works and that is the point... even if it drives me nuts.
3. I always thaw meat for dinner on the nights that The Boy decides he wants crappy frozen chicken nuggets and the meat never gets used.  Life happens and I know he's fickle.  It's been 6 years, I should know this by now.
4.  Somedays I need a hug and there is no one here to give me one.  You know what sucks? That. But I have dogs who will gladly lay on the floor with me and make me feel unconditionally loved for a few minutes... Until they decide it's play time and they jump all 70lbs of themselves onto me and start licking my head.

I have a lot of little things that can happen, and do happen, in my life on a regular basis that irritate me.  I have stresses that seem silly to my husband.  But I can't change the little things, only the way I deal with them.

My next bloggy moment came when I realized that this post right here needed to be written.  Maybe that was the point all along.


Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

*hugs from afar*

November 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sending lots of hug your way! I know exactly what you mean, some days I really want a hug from my mom to make me feel better and I know that will never be possible again.

November 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home