<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Rewind 365- A Link Up

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Rewind 365- A Link Up

One of my favorite blogs, Cammo Style Love, is doing this fun new thing called Rewind 365.  The idea is to share what you were doing a year ago today.

A year ago today, I was still in my training rotations at my (then) new job.  I had just attended ball and started a new job and was terrified.  I had left a job after some terrible experiences and you know what they say, "Once bitten, twice shy."

It's crazy to think it's been a year at my job.  It definitely doesn't feel that way.  Not in a bad way mind you, just that time goes by so fast.  I have met some really amazing people, had some really great times and made some truly awesome friends.  I feel very fortunate that a year ago, I was contacted out of the blue for an interview.  I had applied for a job there in the past and I don't even remember what it was.  I didn't get it, but they remembered me and asked me to come in for an interview.  At my working interview the whole team seemed to really like me and told me that they were going to recommend me for the job.

Just a few weeks later, I was hired and working my training rotations.  Crazy!

Now, I help train the new staff and feel like a family member.  I'm very fortunate to have found such a great place to work and to have found a place that feels like I belong.  Let me tell you, it's tough in a female dominated field to find a staff that isn't full of petty girls who talk crap about each other.  We all get along for the most part and I couldn't ask for a better employer.

What were you doing a year ago? Link up and let everyone know!

Photobucket







1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hi, I am so sorry I didn't stop by yesterday. It was crazy! I am the other host for this meme.

Anyway, I love how things like that work out. Congrats on being at this job you love for a year now! Seems like its going great and that the staff still loves you. ;)

November 16, 2012 at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home