<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: An Engagement Story: Part Two

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, November 12, 2012

An Engagement Story: Part Two

Remember my post about my not so romantic, no one says "AWWW" to, not so gushy, not so jealousy inspiring engagement story? If not, check it out here.  But if you do, then here's take two, and three for that matter.  :)


Attempt number two comes in a close second... Or it's a tie.  

The day after getting engaged, we moved into an apartment.  While loading the moving truck, my husband approached me with a large purple, plastic, heart shaped ring from a gumball machine (they were still fitting the diamond into the setting I had picked out the night before).  He presented it to me and in the absolutely least romantic manner he simply said, "Will you marry me."  While I was covered in dirt, standing in the back of a moving van, sweaty from the hot day. Not romantic. 

He opted to use ANOTHER mulligan and plan a third proposal. 

Attempt number three AKA the story I tell people was a bullseye. 

We went to the zoo, which we were prone to do on days we had nothing else going on.  I love the zoo. My favorite thing to see if the Hippos.  I don't know why.  But I'm sure it has something to do with how rare it is to see them out of water.  Hippos spend nearly all of their time in water and generally only get out of the water to forage for food at dusk when the bulk of predators have called it a day. I tell this to my husband every time we see them. 

So, after an afternoon at the zoo, we made our last stop the hippos.  Turns out, that time of year, they would feed the hippos right before the zoo closed.  We happened upon the exhibit right as they were bringing out the bales of hay and various other tasty treats and I watched every hippo our zoo has get out of the water and eat.  It's the first time I've ever seen a hippo out of water in real life... It's the only time I've ever seen a hippo out of water in real life.  

As I exclaimed my excitement, he pulled out another gumball ring and proposed.  He had orchids waiting for me in the car which is my favorite flower.  They were actually fake orchids, but rather expensive ones, which is why it took nearly 5 minutes for me to realize they weren't real.  His reasoning was that that way I could have them forever.  And they sit in a vase on a table in our living room to this day. 



Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

How sweet!!! :)

November 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That last story is the sweetest!!!

November 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home