<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: What's a Sick Person to Do?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, October 12, 2012

What's a Sick Person to Do?

For all of you who are not on my fan page via FB, I'm sad to inform you that I have contracted some form of flesh eating amoeba that is slowly eating the insides of my sinuses and my brain.  In other words, I got sick right after coming home from the Tough Mudder with the deadly crud that I was fending off prior to the event.  I have since spent the last two weeks stuck in my house, mostly confined to my bed.

They thought it was turning into pneumonia and treated accordingly, only to have it then swerve and turn into bronchitis.  I used to get asthmatic bronchitis quite regularly, but it has been a few years since my last bout with it.  The sad thing is that I ALWAYS end up in the ER once I do get it and this time was no exception.  The newest update is that I have developed a sinus infection, just to add insult to injury and the antibiotics that I had been given (and finished) didn't do anything for me.  So, I'm on new meds, lots of codeine cough syrup and bed rest for a bit longer.

This means that I will likely be fairly absent from my blog.  You all have been decently lucky that I had a bunch of prescheduled posts, but I have since run out of those and have nothing all that exciting to say because I have only seen the inside of my bedroom for nearly 14 days now.

So, I have decided to do a greatest hits so to speak.  I will be posting some of my more popular posts and/or guest posts for others.

I'd also like to take this time to ask a large favor:

I would love to know what types of content you are all interested in.  While I am sick, I figure I might as well take some time to work on my blog, since I've been too busy as of late to do so.

What types of posts do you really enjoy?
What do you love to hear about?
If you could ask me for advice, what would you want to know?
Are there topics that you wish I covered and don't? Or that I have in the past that you would like to read more about?
What are your feelings on controversial topics?

I'm looking to see where I might be able to branch out and also to be sure I'm offering my readers what they like, while also having this as a personal space to voice my thoughts and feelings.



Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Not good! I hope you start feeling better really soon.

October 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Liz L. said...

I'm so sorry your so sick!! That's not fun to be trapped in your bedroom hopefully you got lots of Netflix and books to keep you company! As far as ideas I recently did a blog on how I met my husband and that was fun to write! Since Halloween is coming up may e do a scary experience you had.

October 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

Hoping you feel better soon!

October 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger The New Normal said...

Oh no, I hope that you are feeling better soon!

October 15, 2012 at 3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home