<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I'm One Tough Mudder

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm One Tough Mudder

The custom shirt I had made!
The Tough Mudder is over and I have survived relatively unscathed.  I say relatively because I lost the ability to walk for about 24 hours post Mudder.  I have bruises and cuts and no idea how I got them and a sense of accomplishment that can't be beat!

Ready for action with my war face on!
It's was a pretty phenomenal experience and I have already decided to do it next year! I have a number of friends who say that they were inspired by what I did and want to join me, but we'll see how many of them stick with it.

The course had 22 obstacles of which I attempted all 22, but I fell off the monkey bars and the rings, so I only completed (fully completed) 20.  I had given myself 4 hours to complete the course, though it's not timed, and I completed it in 3 hours and 28 minutes!

My adoptive team.  So nice of them to take in a stray :)
I would say the best part of the experience was the camaraderie.  A couple of guys over heard my saying that my whole team dropped out and they approached me at the starting line and asked if I would like to join their team.  It was truly amazing.  I spent the whole time with their team, which had only one girl on it, and we helped each other through to the bitter end.  It truly was an "everyone is in it together" type atmosphere.  Everywhere I turned strangers were helping each other over obstacles.

On the rings.  I ate it and fell into the ice water. 

An 18 ft jump doesn't sound that bad... Until you are standing at the top getting ready to jump.

I made it half way across the monkey bars, but muddy hands and greased bars don't mix and I fell.

Crawling under 10k volt electrical wires.  I got shocked in the butt!



Fourth try's a charm.  I finally made it up the Everest.


Crawling through mud is exhausting. 

But I finished and am officially one Tough Mudder!


It was beyond worth the sore muscles and bruise.

*** Minor amendment:
After having so many people in my life being unsupportive, the sense of accomplishment was amazing.  To complete it when so many people in my life told me I was crazy was beyond a great feeling.  The high after I was done lasted for days.
It was terrifying, intense, sometimes painful and all around AWESOME!  I'm not delusional enough to think that everyone would want to do something like this, but for me, I can't wait to do it again.



Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

This is seriously awesome! You kicked some butt! Way to go!

October 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

That looks like so much fun! You should be so proud of yourself! Even with the lack of support that you wanted originally it looks like it turned out alright :)

October 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Awesome. Congrats!

October 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You are amazing!!!! Congrats on this wonderful accomplishment! I knew you could do it.

October 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

You did so great! I'm so proud of you! Ride that high! I still can't believe how unsupportive people were. I hope you hang those pictures all over you house.

October 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

So proud of you! What an accomplishment. I wish I was in shape enough for that. I'm soooo out of shape!

October 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger ____j said...

You are such an inspiration!

October 14, 2012 at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home