<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Confessions of a Smiley Face User

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Confessions of a Smiley Face User

Hello, my name is A Girl and I have come to realize that I am a smiley face addict. It was a harsh realization that I may even over use the smiley face icons...

Everyone is familiar with the simple :)  which happens to be my favorite smiley face to use.  You can like the  :P   ;)   :'(   or whatever other one you use, but I'm a simple girl who likes a simple smiley face. The problem is that Facebook recently updated their stuff and now, my hearts are pink and my smiley faces are actual little yellow faces smiling back at me when I hit enter on my comment.  This means that I have had to look my over use of the smiley faces in, well, the face.

I'm working on cutting it out, but there is no way I will be able to go cold turkey.  That would be like quitting LOL cold turkey, which may or may not be another over use addiction of mine.  But that is a confession for another day.

In the mean time, I will look at my smiley face usage as an indication that I'm a fairly happy person who would like to smile at everyone... And that I'm a crappy typist who can rarely think of something better to do other than smile and nod.

I can beat this, yes I can!


Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

That's why I do mine backwards!! (:

October 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I am the same way. I catch myself doing it but I usually put it in anyways. I like them. :)

October 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I put a space in mine like this : ) that makes it so they don't turn yellow!

October 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger MrsMcDancer said...

I too am a smiley face addict :-) {lol I did that without even thinking} I always feel like it conveys my sentiment better - but it probably just makes me look like I am 12 ;-)

October 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home