<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: An Engagement Story

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

An Engagement Story

Do you have one of those super romantic, everybody says "AWWW" to, gushy, jealousy inspiring engagement stories? Well, then I have two things to say to you:
1. Lucky you
2. Bite me

I have a fabulous engagement story, but not for a single reason listed above. You see, my husband proposed to me THREE times.  To be fair, I said yes all three times, but I only choose to tell people one of the times because it's the super romantic, everybody says "AWWW" to, gushy, jealousy inspiring story.  But it also took my husband three tries to get it right.

The real story of how we got engaged goes back to his birthday.  He was turning an age that was not old by any means, but for some reason he had decided it indicated he was getting older and, thus, was feeling very depressed about it.  So, I planned a super fun surprise party.  I bought ferry tickets for all of our friends and invited them to Tiki themed BBQ complete with flower lei's and strippers.  Yes, you heard that right, I asked everyone to give him dollar bills for his birthday and surprised him with strippers.  It was actually rather hilarious.

On the way to return some borrowed tables to my parents house, he said we should get married.  This isn't a big thing because for the year prior he had developed a strange delight in joke proposing to me while we were places like in the car at the drive through for a fast food joint, or pumping gas at a gas station.  As a result, any time he made any mention of marriage that could be construed as a proposal, I took to saying, "Yeah, well, it doesn't count if you don't have a ring."

So, while driving back towards the freeway from dropping off the previously mentioned tables, he said it again, "We should get married." And I said, "Well, it doesn't count if you don't have a ring." To which he replied, "Well, I've got a friend in the diamond business."  For those of you who do not have a Shane Company in the area, that is their slogan.  He drove me to their location and I picked out a ring.

That may be the least romantic engagement story of all time.

Photobucket

Stay tuned for the second and third proposal stories...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I love it!! I don't have a very romantic engagement story either haha. The outcome is still the same no matter what. :)

October 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

that IS romantic!!!

my husband proposed in an extremely non-romantic way......

i was 8 months pregnant, trying to get some fake nails off from a wedding, and asked him for some cereal for breakfast. it took him FOREVER to pour a bowl of cocoa pebbles......when i took maybe my 2nd bite, i thought i broke my tooth on a hard piece of cereal. turns out it was my engagement ring.

yep. he stuck it in my cereal & i had to spit it back out in his hand. how gross.

but....it's definitely a story i'll never forget!

October 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Mine is totally unromantic too. Oh well.

October 24, 2012 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Sadie said...

I don't have a romantic story either. We were young, we decided together, I picked out the ring. I do think he asked, when the ring came in and we went to pick it up...in the parking lot of the jewelry store....but that's okay. It's the rest of the story that matters.

October 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger jen @ grown in southern ground said...

i love this story! especially the strippers :) lol

November 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Holly Robertson said...

AHHHH! LOL. Thats kind of cute though. :)

November 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home