<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Find Your Passion

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Find Your Passion

William Shakespeare wrote: "Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable."  It's a very true statement.  I think everyone has a secret desire to be remarkable, special, and amazing at something.

So many people I know are happy being who they are, doing what they do and living the life they live... For some reason, I never really have been.  Not to say that I hate my life, but I've always felt like there was something more out there.  Something waiting for me.  It makes it that much harder to be married to a man who knows exactly where he is going in life and who makes strides each day to get there.  I wake up each day and take strides towards nothing much at all.

I fell into my current profession and not many people I work with really know that.  Of the few that do, who have had a glimpse into the inner workings of my mind and heart, are always shocked to hear that.  How can someone who is so good at what they do, not have passion for it?  I don't know.  I tend to throw myself whole heartedly into whatever I am doing.  So, when I was in school to learn my trade (so to speak) I threw myself into it.  I learned all that I could.  If I'm going to do something, I'm going to be the best at it, the most knowledgeable and constantly seek to learn more.  But I don't wake up everything giddy at what I do.  I like it.  My job is great, my co-workers rock and my employer is pretty awesome... But is it my passion?  No.  Is it something I want to, or can even see myself doing for the next 20 years?  No.

It has been something so curious to me to see my friends who are content with what they do, never aiming to move higher, push farther, try harder or move forward.  They are content to go to the same job each day, do the same stuff and never be anything more than that... I envy them.

I am not one of those people.  Even in a job I don't love to the point of never wanting to give it up, I am constantly striving to be better, learn more, push myself harder and work towards moving up.  Not up into management, but up.  I've looked into my 4 year degree, I've looked into a specialty in what I do.  I've looked into ways to be a front runner in what I do. I'm not content to just show up, do the job and head home.

But what I really want, is to do something that I can't imagine not doing.  I want to find something that I love so much, that nothing else will satisfy me.  All of the things I've ever been encouraged to do by teachers have been things that I've looked at as something I enjoy, but not as my passion.  All the things I adored, I was told to keep dreaming.  My mother once shot down something I had often been told I was good at, by telling me that people who "make it" in that chosen field have different backgrounds than I do, and thus I would never make it... Nice, right?  Well, I gave up.  I never pursued it.  And now I sit and wonder what this world has in store for me.  Where am I going in life?

So, I suggest you find your passion.  Find the thing that you dream of doing and don't let anyone, not your mother or spouse or friends, tell you that you can't do it.  Anything is possible in this world.... Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basket ball team only to later become one of the most amazing basketball players to grace the court.  Shikira was told by her choir coach that she sang like a goat and would never make it.  She is now an international sensation.  They didn't take no for an answer because they knew where their passion was.

"To have passion is to love without recognition of failure." - A Girl


Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

This world would be a much happier place if everyone was able to find what they are passionate about it and chase it. Thanks for linking up.

September 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I'm going through the same thing right now. Right after college I landed what I thought was my dream job and I was miserable. I hated every second. Now, I don't know what direction to go in.

September 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger ines said...

That's awesome that you love your job and have a passion for it...go you!!! :)

September 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home