<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Creating Time

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Creating Time

There are days that I wake up and think, "If I had one wish, it would be to have more time."  But who are we kidding folks?  You and I both know that if I had one wish I would wish for my own wife.

I laugh to myself often as I wonder what it must be like to be my husband.  To have a wife at home who cooks (most of the time), cleans, takes care of the dogs, trains the dogs, does all of the laundry, finds innovated ways to save money buy utilizing her crafty Martha Stewart like talents (and Pinterest) and also magically has time to decorate another room, paint, or do some other home improvement project.  Oh, and then she goes to work and fits in an entire weeks worth of part time hours into just two days.  In other words, I often wonder what it must be like to be able to come home and eat the dinner that is already made, then watch some TV, then go to bed, while on the weekends having nothing but free time to play with the dogs and have beers with my friends.

Today, I found myself sitting on the couch, with a dishwasher to unload then reload, laundry to swap and fold, a kitchen floor to wash and my list of home improvement things to accomplish and just felt... Overwhelmed.  Now, this list of items is about a tenth of what I do in a normal day, but for some reason, sometimes it catches up with me on occasion.  Today was one of those occasions.

I really do wish there was a way to create and/or manufacture time. Wouldn't that be swell?


Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger ____j said...

You know, I never really thought about having a wife, but I think that is what I'd wish for too, now that I think about it ;) I often wonder what my husband did before me. And then I remember that before me he lived at home with his parents. His mom was the answer. LOL maybe if he'd have lived on his own for a while he would appreciate what I do a little more.

September 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home