<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Carpe The Hell Out Of This Diem!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Carpe The Hell Out Of This Diem!

If you are reading this, and it's 9/29/12, then I am at the Tough Mudder Seattle and either registering, running, or recovering from doing it!  Or I'm dead.  But I'm sure someone will notify y'all if that is the case.

Yes, the day if finally here.  I've been training off and on since February of this year, I've been running, recovering from injuries, fitting it into life and generally being determined to participate in the event that claims to be the hardest in the world.

In honor of the day being here, let's recap my journey (you can view my July training update HERE):

In Nov of 2010 I attended USMC ball in a dress that was a size 12, but it was a bit tight, so I was getting close to that size 14.  I was in a fair amount of denial about the weight I had gained.  I was 110lbs when I got married in 2008 and I was 148lbs in this picture, just 2 years later.

When New Years Eve rolled around, we were invited to a party at a friends house.  I rarely shop or buy new clothes and discovered that I had nothing nice that fit all that well.  Note that I'm wearing the same shirt in both of the pictures below.  At New Years, I could barely fit into the shirt, but had no other options.  I decided right then and there that it was time to lose weight.  It was that or spend a lot of money buying bigger clothes... So I joined Weight Watchers online.

The picture on the left is shortly after we had gotten back from Europe and I had begun to run.  I had lost a decent amount of weight on WW, but canceled the membership when it started getting too expensive to afford.  I was not exercising, but simply using the WW principles to maintain the weight I had gotten to.  I was not unhappy at all at 132lbs, but a friend talked me into doing the Tough Mudder in February and the training began.

 I trained, learned to eat even better than I already had been and joined a vegetable co-op.  The co-op forces me to eat mainly fresh foods and I have begun to cut out many of the process foods I previously ate regularly.  The running, cutting Starbucks out of my life and eating better all lead to what you see below.  Though I haven't lost much weight since July, please be excited for the slimmer hips, butt and midsection, as well as the more defined abs!!!!  I also have thinner arms and calves now!  I've lost a lot of inches off my mid section, bust and hips and have been seeing the tone come back slowly but surely.

A year and a half journey to being a healthier me, but also a journey of training for an event that no one believed I could do.  Everyone dropped out of it on me and I'm running it alone.  I kept up my training (mostly) and, though I'm very terrified that I will epically fail at all that I try to do, no one is going to stop me from giving it my best shot.

My goal is to run the 11 mile, 26 obstacle course in 4 hours.  The average is three.  I don't care if I complete all the obstacles, but my goal is to not skip any.  I will give them all my best efforts.

I'll post pictures as soon as I'm able to move again!


Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Good luck today!!! What a journey. You look terrific.

September 29, 2012 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

You look awesome! I'm skinny, but I'm so out of shape.

Good luck today!

September 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I loove seeing how big fitness goals benefit our body. Just by wanting to run faster or lift heavier, we look better. It's win-win! I hope you had a ton of fun running the Tough Mudder!

September 30, 2012 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home