<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Out of the Loop

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Out of the Loop

I often feel silly, but I am so beyond "out of the loop" when it comes to pop culture these days.

I had no idea that the Cookie Monster song parody was, in fact, a parody, having never heard the original.  My husband is the one who informed me of that one.  I couldn't figure out why everyone was posting video's of military members parodying a Cookie Monster song.  I know, so uncool it's not even funny!

I also didn't hear about Price Harry and his Vegas exploits until I read about it on another blog, I don't actually pay any attention to TMZ or other gossip type sites.  Nor apparently, the news, FB or any other source of this tib bit of info...

I'm ashamed to admit that Jersey Shore had been on the air for YEARS before I knew what a Snookie was and I still don't think I understand what GTL means... I kind want it to be the abbreviation for a city, but I don't think that is right...

And the shameful admission of the day: I had no idea who Justin Beiber was until it was shameful, I still have no idea what song Rheanna sings (she IS a singer, right?) and Katy Perry released her first hit single the year I got married and I only discovered her and who she was about a year ago.

What can I say, I'm not that hip.  I'm also not that interested.  I don't look down on those who are, there was a time in my life when I was a pop culture wizard and belonged on the game show that VH1 did due to the fact that I would have been unstoppable.  But, times in my life have changed.  I'm not into fashion, I've never cared much for makeup and now, my pop culture savvy has officially dropped me into the "shameful to admit and slightly embarrassing" category.

If I start posting pictures of myself in frumpy librarian sweaters, collecting animals and otherwise showing signs of no longer being suitable to be in public, please feel free to start a website dedicated to harshly judging me.  Oh, and please tell me!  I don't want to topple over the line of slightly unhip, to full on whack job.

Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I know exactly what you mean! Our tv doesn't even get turned on until the hubby is home and I never watch channels like E! or other news channels. I am out of the loop too.

August 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Marcella{The Life of a Military Family} said...

LOL, don't feel too bad. I don't usually know much about that stuff either.
It's what you focus on in life and what's important to you that counts!

August 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Turner3109 said...

Don't judge...

GTL= Gym, tan, laundry

A routine that happens on some days in the show lol.

August 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home