<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Life's Little Tests: Well, F You Life!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Life's Little Tests: Well, F You Life!


Somedays, I look at Life and say, "F You."  Last night was one of those days.  Last night was one of those tests that the universe lays at your feet, unexpectedly, waiting to see if you will pass or fail. 

I've had a migraine the last two days and I really wish trepanning was still an accepted medical practice because at this point, I'm pretty sure I really DO have a demon in my head that is trying to kill me.  That demon has had me stuck in bed sleeping the last few days because my doctors office can't get me in until NEXT Friday and my neurologist can't get me in until the end of September.  What a slap in the face.  So, I've been grumpy and ouchie for two days... and nauseous, did I mention nauseous?

I came downstairs to find my husband with a bag of my favorite bagels in hand and some candy.  For some reason I tend to crave sweets when I have migraines.  I can only eat them when the nausea subsides, but it's a weird thing I've had all my life and my husband knows this.  So, bagels and candy for dinner it was.  Then he said the most AMAZING thing:  He got a call from a friend of ours and the police department that he really wants to work for is hiring again.  Our plan had been for him to get on somewhere else and then transfer since this department has been on a freeze for YEARS with no end in sight.  AWESOME!

Then comes the test: The day he needs to be testing for this department....   Dramatic pause.... is the day of my Tough Mudder.  Because life doesn't want things to be easy. 

Now, I will tell you very honestly, that my husband picked the absolutely worst possible way to handle this situation.  When he announced the date, I asked if he realized what day that was.  He said, "Oh, man, what are the odds?"  Then launched into how excited he was for himself and how it was fate and blah, blah.  He completely ignored the pained look of disappointment on my face as I realized that this was not something he could blow off, but that it meant that I would actually be running the Tough Mudder ALONE.  As in, no one to drive me down there and sooth my jitters, no one to take before and after pictures, no one to meet me at the finish line and hug me, not caring that I'm filthy, and be proud of me for finishing... No one at all.  

That is an intense disappointment.  It's not that I'm not happy for him.  But come on! At least pretend you are being sensitive to the fact that your wife is now facing something that is terrifying her in her sleep with sheer determination and now she has to do it alone.  But no, he didn't even register the fact that this was going to be something that pained me, even if I was also happy for him in the same breath.

So, life threw this test at our feet.  We are passing, but with a C average at this point, both unsure of how to be excited for ourselves and sad for each other at the same time.  Sad that the Mudder is not something we will be experiencing together, but both excited for the opportunity that that day is presenting us.  

We have both been preparing for this (our separate events) for a long time and both want it so bad we can taste it.  But we can't be there for each other.  He will have no one waiting at home to hear how it went, what his scores were etc, and I will have no one at the finish line to bask in the glow I will be beaming simply for not giving up... 

F YOU Life!  What a jerk move.  

Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I am sooo sorry this happened to you. Let me tell ya, life loves to give me lemons. Not fun. But I'm sure that you will rock the tough mudder and it you will be so proud of yourself regardless of having an audience! You go, girl! ;)

August 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger The Mrs. said...

I would totally be there to be your stand in husband if I lived there. I'd also have a bacon bouquet for you. And some wet wipes.

Let's hope he gets this job though, and be prepared for training academy.... it's not fun like the movies, and it's more man being selfish time. lol (can you tell we've been through a couple! lol)

Also, we would be Law enforcement wives together...

I wonder if the hubbys job is hiring... cause maybe then you guys could relocate and it could be to here.

Ahhhhh... I'm full of dreams, right! :)

They should broadcast the mudder on the internet. I'd pay to watch it!!!

And what kind of candy did you get? 7-11 has these sour gummy bears that are wonderful!!! They are soft and a fresh and wonderful. I LOVE THEM! :)

September 1, 2012 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Julia P F said...

this will be good for you! I am sorry you will have to go it alone... my husband is a pilot and I am sadly used to doing 'couple' things as a 'me' thing... found you on the new bloggers hop

September 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home