<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I'm Practically Martha Stewart

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm Practically Martha Stewart

So, now that I'm officially part time I've been catching up on my home projects.  First up, getting some pictures hung.  Then I cleaned a bit, organized my computer files so I didn't have to keep wasting time finding things and got going on some real DIY stuff.

I've been looking around for ways to get more organized, which is harder than it sounds because I'm a bit of an organizational freak.  Seriously.  I organize my closet by type of clothing (down to keeping long and short sleeves separate and collar and non-collared shirts divided) and color.  See?  Nerd.

So, how do I get more organized?  By creating cleaning lists and such.

The whole point of being home is to be able to keep up on more family and home stuff, but also, to spend more time with my husband and less time irritated that I work full time, but he still thinks I should have to follow a trail of dirty laundry around the house just to do laundry.  The solution I came up with, besides being home more, was visual aides.  LOL!

My husband is very visual.  He needs to be reminded of things, but isn't a "mental list of things to do" type person.  So, I started looking around for free lists and downloads online.  The problem was that I wanted them to be slightly different, needed other things on the lists, or simply like the general look but wanted a different color. So, I made them myself.

The end product is a what you see here:
 Click Here to DOWNLOAD The Cleaning Schedule
I based this look on one I saw here, make by the lovely lady over at Brown Paper Packages
Click Here to DOWNLOAD the grocery list

My next step in this project will be posted some time later.  I have a few bugs to work out of my otherwise ALWAYS perfect system of DIY amazingness.  In other words, the creative thing I did didn't go as planned and I need to do some trouble shooting.  :)

I will continue to share some of these fun things I make, so be sure to keep an eye out for more!


Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger ____j said...

I LOVE your new layout & button! Seems like you've been busy!

August 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Lyon Party of 4 said...

I came across your blog this morning from the blog hop and I love it!! I cant wait to keep reading on in the future! My hubs is in the Army and we are stationed at Fort Lewis, so I am living herd in WA too.

August 13, 2012 at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home