<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Bloody Mary's Count As A Salad and Other Silly Things I Tell Myself Link Up

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Bloody Mary's Count As A Salad and Other Silly Things I Tell Myself Link Up


As always, Forget the Dog, Not the Baby and I are thrilled to have you here!  Bloody Mary's Count as a Salad and Other Silly Things I Tell Myself was the collective work of the two of us when we realized how often in our lives we justify things to make ourselves feel better.  These can be big things or small things and can be important or silly, it doesn't really matter.  You can click the picture above for more details.

This week, I would like to share a rather funny story for the link up.

The story is called "The Beer in a Bag Incident."

What is "beer in a bag"?  It was the brain child of my drunk husband at our annual birthday bash.  We get a keg every year and the rule is that the keg has to be empty or I will not let my husband convince me to get one the following year.  This doesn't mean it has to be emptied and the beer consumed on the premises.  We encourage people to bring growlers and other containers to take beer home to consume later.

Well, one of our friends forgot their growler and while standing in the kitchen, my husband has the most genius idea: We'll put the beer in a Ziplock bag.

This is where the Silly Things I tell myself comes into play.  This is not a Silly Thing I tell myself, but a silly thing my husband told himself, and has refused to accept is not accurate to this day.

Upon being questioned by me, as I insisted that this was NOT a good idea, my husband had this to say:  "In the commercial, they put spaghetti in the bag and hold it upside down and it doesn't spill.  Beer is practically the same thing."

Yes, Beer is the same things as... Wait... Spaghetti?

So, my drunk husband put a gallon of beer, I will repeat, just in case you think I might have type that incorrectly, my DRUNK husband, put A GALLON of beer into a gallon sized Ziplock bag, sealed it and handed it to an equally drunk friend.
Moments before disaster struck...
When she was attempting to leave and drunkenly put her shoes on at my front door- Well, I have a hazy recollection of exactly how it happened.  What I do remember is standing at the top of my stairs, anxiously watching her stumble, unable to get her foot into her sandals.... And then I said, "FFFFF***************KKKKKK MMMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!" As as I watched her turn the bag sideways in an attempt to steady herself and saw a GALLON of beer spill onto my entryway.

I'll spare you the details of clean up, but luckily for me, the entry way is tiled and we were able to get everyone's shoes out of the way before the beer spread.

My entryway smelled like stale beer for a week!

So, the Silly Things I Tell Myself lesson of the week is: No matter what your drunk husband tells you, beer and spaghetti are NOT practically the same thing, putting beer in a Ziplock bag is NOT sound logic and the plan WOULD NOT have succeeded, no matter what.

Be sure to link up with your Silly Things this week, or feel free to judge mine on your blog.  Either way, link up!  Kristle and I look forward to seeing your posts!  (Don't forget to grab the link up picture!)

Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger Reccewife said...

that's a lot of beer for a front entrance!

August 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home