<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Tough Mudder Training Update

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Tough Mudder Training Update

Well, the Tough Mudder is in 3 months!  EEEPP!!!!  I am not as far along in my training as I would like, nor as I thought I would be, but, hey, life happens.  Not to mention, every single person who said they would run with me has backed out, so it's been a bit harder than I anticipated due to my team having bailed on training.

To give you an idea of how proud I am, in spite of all of my obstacles, I'll give you some history.

I was 110lbs when I got married in early 2008.  I put on A LOT of weight when I went back to school later that year.  I never lost the weight... As of January 1st 2011, I was 148lbs.  Scary right?  That's a lot of weight to put on.  Granted, I held steady after graduating, but still.  So, 1/1/11 was my turning point (is it weird that I never noticed the whole 1111 thing until just now?).  I started to eat right and exercise (well, more than before anyway).  I joined Weight Watchers in March of 2011 and got down to 132lbs.  I left in the fall of 2011 because it was getting too expensive.  Though I continued to eat right, I was not exercising at all and stayed at that weight.

When I decided to do the Tough Mudder, I made major life changes.  I not only continued to eat right, but started my training.  Some weeks are better than others, but I've stuck with it.  I also cut Starbucks out of my work week.  I only drank it the three days a week I work, but it turned out to be a scary amount of calories.  900 to be exact.  That is nearly an entire extra days worth of calories!!!!!  I will admit that I lost 5 lbs just from cutting that.  :)

So, without much further ado, heres' the big reveal!


The before pictures were taking on March 26th, 2012.  At the time, I was 132 lbs and some change.  When I ran the trail by my house, I could scarcely get 2 minutes before needing to walk.  When I ran with a friend at a trail near her, I ran a 13 minute mile.  I was running over a 14 min mile on the trail near me (which has a ton of hills).
I might have been sucking in a teensy bit LOL!



These were taken tonight.  Keep in mind, I have eaten lunch!  LOL!  But, as of last week, I am 120.8lbs.  I ran the trail near my house with a friend yesterday and ran a 12 min 42 second mile, hills and all!  HURRAY!!!  When I run the trail near my friends house, I do it in just under a 12 min mile!!!
Trying not to suck in at all, but stand straight instead.


Check out those guns!!!!  And please notice (even though I forgot to take a head on shot) that my hip bones are showing and I have less flab around the belly button!  


So, I've lost 12lbs, I've gained crazy stamina, I've cut 2 minutes off my mile and am down a pant size and (sadly) my bras are getting too big.  I should note my butt is smaller, but you can't tell because I didn't have much of a bum to work with anyway.  Unfortunately, I've lost my measurements from March, so I can't tell you how many inches I've lost, but I know I've lost some.

Overall though, the best part is that I feel better about myself.  Even when I was first training and there wasn't a huge difference in my size, I felt better about myself when I looked in the mirror.  And I simply can't wait to run my race.  I can't wait for the feeling of accomplishment!!!


Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger The Mrs. said...

You look awesome and your training is going AMAZING!!!!!

Which further proves that you're awesome!!!! :)

July 2, 2012 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger ____j said...

That is awesome and so motivating! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to hear how you do on the Tough Mudder.

July 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

That's amazing! I could never do something like that lol you definitely look like a tough mudder!

July 3, 2012 at 6:08 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Duh said...

You looked awesome before and look even more awesome and ripped now! Way to go! It's also awesome that you are making so many improvements on your running and training!

July 3, 2012 at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home