<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The Silly Things I Tell Myself Link Up!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Silly Things I Tell Myself Link Up!

We all have a list of things we tell ourselves, mantras if you will, to get through life.  So, some aren't mantras so much as ways to make ourselves feel better.



Here's my list of silly things I tell myself:

1.  Chocolate is a health food.
- So I don't actually care for chocolate that much (gasp!) but, on the odd occasions I eat it, I tell myself it's a health food.  It's got antioxidants, so it combats aging, which makes it good for you.  Period.

2.  Sprinkles count as a serving of fruit.
- Really, anything pink, purple or blue (think blueberries people!) and sweet count as a fruit.  This includes the jelly inside of jelly donuts.  If it's a jelly donut with sprinkles, all the better.  This also means cupcakes count.  I think this is a perfectly reasonable deduction because of the article I once read about a college kid who got scurvy.  I'm not kidding.  He ate nothing but pizza (because he worked at a pizza place and it was free) and soda and managed to get scurvy.  The doc said if he had eaten just a handful of Skittles on occasion, he would have been fine.  See, rainbow colored candy counts as fruit.

3.  Ice Cream Sundays are a balanced meal.
- Let's revisit rules 1 and 2 for a moment.  Then add a dairy product (or two if you want whipped cream) and nuts for added protein.  You are now facing a balanced and, likely vegetarian, meal.


Be sure to link up below and share your silly things you tell yourself!  And don't forget to grab the blog hop link for your post so that others may link up via your page!  The more the merrier!  :)



Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger The Mrs. said...

The link won't work... but here is my post!!! :)

http://vegastoeverafter.blogspot.com/2012/07/silly-things-link-up.html

July 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger ____j said...

That is too funny. I love the sprinkles one.

August 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Kristle Helmuth said...

LOVE it! :)

August 8, 2012 at 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home