<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Oblivious

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Oblivious

Something happened the other day and I've been debating about writing about it.  The reason is because it showcases how truly ridiculous and hopeless I am.  But hey, if you can laugh at life, you'll spend your whole life crying.

So, after all of my doctors appointments on Tuesday, I needed to stop at the grocery store by my house.  I had some new prescriptions to pick up and figured I should grab some snacks since I am having a hard time cooking with my neck pain.  I was standing in front of the cooler that has all the pre-made foods debating if I should get mediocre sushi or some form soup for lunch when I gentle came up to me and politely said, "I just wanted to let you know that you look lovely today."

Now, here is where you are going to laugh hysterically at me:

I replied, "Oh, uhm... Thank you." And that was it.  Well, I smiled too.  It did not even enter my mind that this man was hitting on me until he said, "Would you be interested in grabbing a beer some time?"

Mental forehead smack!

Here I am, going about my oblivious ways and I thought this random dude was just coming up to pay me a compliment.  Oh, so hopeless and ridiculous.

I told him I am married and he was so sweet.  He said he was sorry and felt embarrassed and told me to have a nice day.

I've spent my whole adult life wondering how normal people meet their spouses.  I met mine at work, but do people really meet at bars and grocery stores during the mundane events of their life?  I guess they do.  I guess it just takes one guy with the guts to walk up to a girl and ask her out...  It just never occurred to me that people actually do that!



Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger The Mrs. said...

I wonder how adults meet each other too. I met David in high school, and my sister met her husband at work. But it's something I always wonder... :)

I think it's time for a post of "how i met my husband!" (lol)

July 27, 2012 at 5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home