<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I miss her...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

I miss her...

She was the loveliest person I have ever known.  Her favorite color was pink.  She adored Barbie and laughed at everything.  I miss her.  The hurt I feel when I see someone who looks like her is still so fresh.  I can't believe how much time has past.

She was in a car that lost control and was the only one killed.  No one else suffered any lasting damage to self, but she never came home.  It was the September after I graduated high school.

I think of her often, probably more often than I should.  It is a tough lesson to have to learn so young that life ends.  And sometimes, even when you tell yourself that it won't, those thoughts can't stop the world from happening.  I did not grow up with a youthful sense of immortality.  The people I knew who had died were not older, they were not grandparents who had lived a full life.  They were my friends.  They were just kids who had their whole life ahead of them and had yet to experience anything beyond the the protective bubble of high school.

I miss her.  I remember the anger I felt at the world that would take such a light and snuff it out without care.  Now I'm just sad.  Now I just miss her.


I miss her 
because she can not banter 
with my unwagging tongue 
and because her hand
may never write another letter.
I miss her
because she was beautiful
though no one ever told her 
as often as I have thought it.
I miss her
because sometimes I am happy,
because now, I can not share that with her
because she is not here to be shared.


Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

:(

July 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

:( I'm sorry.

July 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home