<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Get to Know Me a Little, Thanks to Mrs. Duh

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Get to Know Me a Little, Thanks to Mrs. Duh

Mrs. Duh, who I grow to adore more and more as each day passes, has nominated me for another blog award.  As you well know, I never used to really participate in such things, but she always has such good ones that are useful for getting to know me as a blogger, but also as a person.  :)  Man, she's good.  :)


So, as always, I encourage you to check out her blog: 





On to the Award: 

Here is some info about the Liebster Award:

This award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kind, lovely, endearing, and welcome.
How it works:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you and create 11 questions for bloggers you have tagged.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them to your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.

My Questions: 




1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be an FBI Profiler... I'm not joking.  I picked this career as an 11 year old in 6th grade and was actually going to school to pursue my Criminal Psychology degree when I met my husband and dropped out to be able to allow him to follow his dreams.  Our dreams were not compatible and I chose to follow him while he pursued his. :)  

2. It's movie night, what movie genre are you out to see? (Comedy, Chick-flick, Action, etc.)
Comedy all the way.  The raunchier the better. 

3.  What is your go-to recipe when you have people over for dinner?
Well, seeing as I'm a terrible cook, it's usually marinated steaks that the boy grills.  But, when push comes to shove, I make a mean Vodka Sauce and Penne. :)

4. What website do you frequent the most?
I hate to admit this, but it is FB, followed in a close second by my blog... Hey, I have no life, my blog, you guys, and FB are it.  

5. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Yeah, I don't really do that.  I don't watch much in the way of TV in general, let alone sports. 

6. How about your favorite sport to play?
I grew up playing Softball and Volleyball and to this day, still love them both. 

7. I'm looking for an interesting read... what book do you recommend?
Oh, so many good books!  I would start with ANYTHING by AJ Jacobs.  I have reviewed a few of his books on my blog and LOVE him.  I loved the Hunger Games, and it's rare that I get sucked into a craze like that, but it is worth the read.  Shit My Dad Says deserves all the hype it got and was hysterical and touching from start to finish.  And if you like Jane Austen, then read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  It wasn't a super well written book, but was so much fun to read and, hey, it has FREAKING ZOMBIES in it.  I could keep going, but I'll stop.  LOL!

8. What do you love most about your hometown?
My actual hometown? Nothing.  But where I live now?  It's small, quaint and everyone waves hello.  :)  My actual hometown is a bit of a dump. 

9.If you could give $100,000 to any charity, which one would you donate to and why?
I would divide it among a few.  I think the Fisher House charity should get some, as should Wounded Warrior project.  I am, of course, a big fan of anyone that is supporting wounded veterans.  But I would want to give some money to Friend to Friend America.  They pair volunteers up with people in nursing homes who don't have family.  The volunteers agree to visit at least once a month for a year.  I think it's a wonderful organization and many of these people develop life long bonds.  

10. What is the origin and meaning of your first name? 
Well, technically it's an Irish name that means something Irish-y.  But really, I got named my first name because my parents wanted to name me Emily, but realized I might be scarred for life when I found out it was also the name of their first dog.  At least they changed it from that, right?  

11. Name one household chore you absolutely hate doing.
Cleaning the shower.  Period.  There is nothing I hate more than that.  In fact, it is THE ONLY chore I hate to do. 


Since blogger still won't let me comment, I am unable to let anyone know about my giving them such an award.  :(  Very sad, but I can only comment intermittently, so I'm giving this award to anyone who thinks it might be fun.  :)

My questions to you are:

1.  What is one dream you are holding onto, still waiting for the time to make it a reality?
2.  What is one animal you would NEVER own as a pet, and why?
3. If you could pick any one place to vacation for the rest of your life, and this is the only place you were allowed to go from now on, where would that one place be?
4. What do you think makes a good blogger?
5.  What is your absolutely favorite thing about your spouse or significant other?  
6.  What is your least favorite?
7.  Where is the one place in the whole world that you would NEVER want to visit?
8.  If you could only eat one kind of candy for the rest of the year, which candy would you pick?
9.  Is what you do now your dream job? If not, what would be your dream job?
10.  If you pick anyone you know to be president of the USA, no election, you get to choose them, who would you pick and why? (And it has to be someone you actually know)
11.  What is your least favorite color and why?



Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Lynn said...

I don't have a blog, but I'll share with you here :)

1. What is one dream you are holding onto, still waiting for the time to make it a reality?
Learning how to sew and being a fashion genius!
Also, joining the Airforce as a Nurse Practitioner and becoming a flight nurse.... hubs says "no" cause he's an enlisted Marine and being married to an Airforce officer doesn't sound too fantastic to him... also there's no way to guarantee that we will be stationed in the same location, which would kind of be a problem...

2. What is one animal you would NEVER own as a pet, and why?
Tarantula... for the obvious reasons

3. If you could pick any one place to vacation for the rest of your life, and this is the only place you were allowed to go from now on, where would that one place be?
Italy

4. What do you think makes a good blogger?
Someone who engages my interests with antidotes that I can relate to. I turned to blogs by other military spouses in order to connect to people who have been through what I'm going through. I live near Philadelphia... not much military here.

5. What is your absolutely favorite thing about your spouse or significant other?
We have the same humor :) and his love of bacon

6. What is your least favorite?
He can take his Southern Baptist self a little too far sometimes

7. Where is the one place in the whole world that you would NEVER want to visit?
Afghanistan... for the obvious reasons

8. If you could only eat one kind of candy for the rest of the year, which candy would you pick?
Mentos... the fruity ones

9. Is what you do now your dream job? If not, what would be your dream job?
Nurse Practitioner Midwife in my own practice and birth center (I'm currently finishing my bachelors as an RN and will get my masters in 3ish years.... THEN I'll be almost there!)

10. If you pick anyone you know to be president of the USA, no election, you get to choose them, who would you pick and why? (And it has to be someone you actually know)
Me. No one else would do it right. bahahahahahaha

11. What is your least favorite color and why?
Brown.... it looks like poo!

July 27, 2012 at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home