<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Blogger 411: Getting to know me a little more

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blogger 411: Getting to know me a little more



What's more fun than getting to know other bloggers? Not much! And I figured, since I've had a recent spike in new readers in the last few months, now is a good time to let y'all know a bit about me while participating in a super fun link up!


1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging for almost 4 years. The original title of this blog was Deployment Woes, but I recently changed it. I started this blog as a means of coping with a deployment, hence the name. LOL! It's changed some, but not much. It's still just my inner thoughts and ramblings for the most part, but I think I've grown up (some, not much). I've also gone from new military wife, to 4 year veteran military wife, so with that comes changes in how you view things. 

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I've gone to college at 2 different places for two different degrees. I was originally studying Forensics Psychology, which was at once school. When I went back to school during my husbands deployment, I studied Veterinary Sciences and got a two year degree in that. Sorry, can't share which colleges I attended... That breaks the rules of sharing that my husband and I have agreed on.

3. Where have you traveled?
Until this year, I hadn't traveled very many places. Idaho, Montana, California, and Oregon to visit family over the years... I've been to Canada a few times, but twice were on school sponsored trips, so they only kind of count and once to the East Coast, DC and NYC to be exact. This year, however, I fulfilled my dream of traveling to Europe and getting a passport! We went to London, Paris, and Edinburgh. :) 

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy? 
I'm a nerd, I would pay off my debt and house before I did anything. But then I would buy a new car. 

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves? 
Adults who talk like babies when babies are not present. People who think their animals are human children and treat them as such. (don't get me wrong, I love my dogs like my own children, but I also am able to recognize that they are, in fact, still dogs) People who talk down to me. 

6. What is your favorite movie? 
There are so many, so I'll list my top few: Wizard of Oz, Disney's Alice in Wonderland, The Usual Suspects, Raise the Red Lantern, Dr. Horrible's Sing A Long Blog - To name a few. There are more. :)

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea? 
Water. I don't drink much soda, don't like wine, and don't like beer... Though, I would probably drink Bloody Mary's all day long if I could. 

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time? 
I like to read, watch TV and/or take a bath. Neither of those are things I get to do often. 

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be? 
I would pick Lowe's Hardware Store... Seriously. We have SOOOO many things we need to do around the house and I need a new stove. :)

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present. 
Oh man! There are soooo many! To pick just one embarrassing moment is tough- How about this one: When I was in high school (and to this day) I was on the Depo shot. This means that I don't actually menstruate. I know, don't be jealous. LOL! But it also means that when I do, rarely, get my period, it comes as a big surprise. So, one day, I was sitting in band class and I didn't know I had started my period... This, of course had to happen on the day we were being fitted for our concert uniforms... in groups... in front of each other. Do you see where this is going? Well, I not only got my name called and had to stand up in front of the class to exit the room (cue not well concealed snickering), but then had to walk into a room and start to change in front of any number of bratty, teenage girls, cue mortified embarrassment. Hey, we've all had horrifying moments in our life, right? 

11. What day would you love to relive again? 
The day my husband came home from deployment. Watching him step off that bus from the airport was one of the happiest moments of my life.

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you? 
Uh... Tina Fey. She's the only one who could make the comedy of errors that is my life seem genuine and heart warming, and slightly less painful to watch because it would come across as endearing. Not to mention, I think she could spot on do my dry sarcasm. 

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years? 
A LOT of them: Let's see: I worked at a movie theater, a scrap book store, a restaurant, as a baby sitter, a video store, a grocery store, a clothing store... I was a massage therapist for a number of years and just before doing what I do now, I worked for an international shipping company loading trailers. :) 

14. Show us a picture from high school or college. 
HHHMMM, I don't have any that have been scanned. Yep, I come from the age before digital cameras. And the internet. LOL! (But only by a little)

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? 
Easy! Back to Europe! I'd love to spend more time in Edinburgh, I'd like to hit Greece, more time in London and Paris... I'd love to see Italy. I'd just like to bounce from country to country. 


16. Show us most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
You get two:


A recent picture of me- Taken outside of the London Aquarium. I <3 penguins.

Something Important to me: Though this is a funny picture, I'll tell you why it's still important. I had dreamed my whole life of getting to see Monet's water lilies up close and personal. I dreamed of going to Musee de L'Orange and seeing his round rooms in person. This is my husband knocking on the giant stone door on the backside of the L'Orange just before we walked around to the front and I got to go in and see them. It's something I will never forget. We even went back to see them a second time.

17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
I see myself doing what I do now. 5 years is not that long if you think about it. I'll probably still be a vet tech and living life much the same way. Though I do hope that in 5 years we will have purchased our property somewhere and will be moving forward with the dream of building our dream home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home