<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: All I Can Do Is Laugh...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

All I Can Do Is Laugh...

You would think that after 6 years of being together and 4 years of marriage, that my 10 year veteran of the USMC and I would have an emergency plan in place, complete with alternate emergency contacts and what to do with the dogs.  But we don't.  Because we are dumb.  I have the most AMAZING, organized emergency plan for when he deploys, but not for when he's stateside... See, dumbasses.

So, I panicked and then freaked out!  Should I call the Red Cross?  I don't need him to come home, but I want him to be aware of what is going on, but I don't want him to worry, but I would feel better if he knew... How do I contact his unit?  Who would I even ask for? AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!  Where do the dogs go?  AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

So, I called Red Cross.  Here's the tale of my experience with it all:

-Hello, Mr. Red Cross.  This is my situation and I have no contact info for my husband unit and need to get this word to him.
- Well, we don't really do that.
-Oh.  I mean, I don't need him to be taken out of his current situation, I just need to get the word to him about this.
-Well, we really only do that if you are in the hospital. 
-Oh, Ok.
-You don't have contact info?
-No, I don't. 
- Is he a full time for PART TIME reservist?
-I guess full time, he does his duty and drills etc. 
- Where's he stationed- (insert my reply along with his unit info)
- What unit is he attached to when he's not there?

At this point, the rest of the conversation is a joke.  I uselessly tried to explain how it works and he didn't even seem to understand how the military works in general.  Sigh.  He couldn't even seem to understand what to look for in his data base of the military units stationed at various places.  I politely excuse myself from the conversation and said I would attempt to contact another spouse.

I did eventually find some contact info for The Boys unit.  I called them and explained what was going on and that I just need to get word to him.  I was told that some of the men were on Liberty right now, and some weren't so they would try to track him down.  Super good news.... Then the lovely Mr. I&I asked me (mind you I prefaced the phone call with I am ____'s WIFE), "Does he have your contact information?"  Nope.  I've been married to him for four years, we share a bed and own a house and have dogs, but he doesn't have my email, landline, cell phone or mailing address.  That would just be silly. Geesh!  Now, I didn't say that.  I politely said, yes, then gave him a number just in case.  I wanted to say, "Are you f'ing kidding me?"  But I didn't.  I simply sighed and hung up the phone.

All I can do is laugh.  It's just how it goes when Murphy's Law takes effect.


Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home