<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Things Are About to Get Heavy

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Things Are About to Get Heavy

Sometimes, I just need to not be alone.  I mean ALONE. It sounds silly coming from someone who is married, has three dogs and works full time, but none of that equals companionship.  Not true companionship anyway.  I realized this today after a very silly moment in my day.

I woke up and decided to have a very productive day full of laundry and dishes and dog walking.  I decided I would also try a new method I have discovered for curling hair.  My hair does not curl.  My hair is stick straight, Japanese hair that has never had any interest in being anything else.  I don't want to admit the amount of time, effort and hair products it took to get my hair curly for my wedding day.  Needless to say, this method did not work.  My hair, at best, is slightly less straight than before I spent 30 minutes curling it with a fancy curling iron that I don't want to admit how much I spent on it.  I was so frustrated that I suddenly lost all motivation while looking in the mirror and thinking, "Who am I curling my STUPID straight hair for anyway.

No one.

Who am I getting up and showering for?  Who am I cleaning the house for?  Who am I getting dressed for?  No one.

What I really want, silly as it may sound, is just a warm body that knows I'm here.  That's all.  I want to chit chat with a human being while I do the dishes.  I want to redesign my blog and having someone to bounce the ideas off of.  Someone who cares that I spent 2 days learning how to do that in the first place and am still trying to learn new things.  Someone who wants to watch TV with me, or a movie, or go for a walk with the dogs and have no tension with me.  We don't even really have to talk.  I just need someone to acknowledge that I'm in the same room with them every now and then.

I have a husband who is trying.  I really think he is.  But he doesn't care about my day.  He is wrapped up in his own stuff.  He doesn't want to hear my opinions or go for a walk with the dogs.

And I LOVE my dogs.  But they can only get me so far.  But I'm realizing more and more that I would rather have them in my bed, then my husband.  They would at least want to cuddle.  I get more thrilled about coming home to them and kissing them on the face than I do anyone else in my life.  It makes me feel a bit pathetic really.  When you bratty dogs are your best friends somewhere, your life took a strange turn.

So, I immerse myself in designing my blog, in planning and budgeting to tile my floor and any other thing I can find to waste the hours of my day.

Stupid straight hair... Why must such mundane things make me think about such heavy things.

Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

It's strange that the littlest things can really push your brain into overdrive. Thinking of you.

And my hair is stick straight too... The only way I can get curls is the headband way. Look into it!

June 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home