<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The Secrets We Keep

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Secrets We Keep


We all keep secrets, some big, some small.  We secure them somewhere deeply guarded to prevent them from leaking out of our lips accidentally.  Some we can laugh at, some might make us cry…  These secrets we keep can be devastating, they can be lovely, they can between just ourselves, or one we share. 

When we share a secret with another person, it’s supposed to bond us.  It’s supposed to bring together a gap in who we are.  But they don’t always. 

Sometimes the secrets we are forced to keep bind our insides in a way that make it hard to catch our breath.   We hold it so often, fearing that any moment that secret will ooze from our skin for the world to see.

I have such a secret.  I hold it close to my chest each day for fear that those around me might discover the truth.  It feels as thought I am transparent each time someone speaks to me when I don’t expect it, that they might actually be able to see what I am not saying.  So, instead, I hide.  I hide from the world, behind a computer screen, afraid of the world finding out. 

I do not hide because I want to.  This is not a secret I want to keep.  It is a secret I was forced to keep.  It is a life that was thrust upon me, unwillingly.  And now, I am lost. 

The secrets we keep have an amazing power.  The power to bind us together or break us apart.




Smaller signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home