<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: It's Already Padded

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's Already Padded

Wedding dress shopping.  Some girls dream of the day they will spend hours trying on pretty dresses and spinning for an audience that oohs and ahhs.  I did not. If I could have gotten away with wearing sweat pants to my wedding, I probably would have.  I also would have had Taco Bell cater it, but neither are things my mother would allow.

When your parents are helping pay for your wedding day, it affords them a bit of leeway when it comes to “helping” you set the tone.  So, fancy wedding dress shopping it was.

I went to countless stores and tried on more dresses than I ever would have wanted to in my life.  My problem is multifold:
1.     I have short little legs
2.     I have a freakishly long torso
3.     I have a sad lacking of breasts.

I went for vintage style A-line dresses until the hubs found out and insisted I wear a ball gown.  His argument was that he was wearing his blues, so I should wear a ball gown.  Kinda hard to argue with a man who will be spending the night roasting inside layers of polyester.  So, ball gown shopping I went.  And, believe it or not, I found the perfect dress.  It was classy, but a ball gown. It had a drop waist so it made my torso look like it was SUPPOSED to be that long and all the fluff and the cloud hem hid the fact that I have short little legs.  It was a subtle ivory colored raw silk with crystals that weren’t over done and didn’t have a horribly long train.  In a word, it was perfection.

I went through all the fittings and measuring.  I had it hemmed there and picked up here.  It was perfect.  Until the final fitting that is…

I was standing on that awesome pedestal thing they have in bridal stores, wearing my heels and my special wedding underwear.  I was looking in the mirror with my veil on and my mom and bridesmaids sitting near.  But as fitted as it was in the waist and it touched my toes just right, the bust looked like it was jutting out three miles from my chest.  I had a corseted back, which means the boning in the top is next to impossible to alter.  It was synched as tight as it would go.  I had a padded, push up bra, and there were bra cups already sewn in…  The owner of the bridal store came in to admire.  She told me how lovely I looked, and she seemed to genuinely mean it. 

She’s a funny British lady who has a way of being honest while coming across endearing instead of mean.  Which is why I turned beat red in the next moment.

I asked her if it was possible to put larger bra cups in.  She looked at me, completely seriously, and said, “You mean… There’s already bra cups in there?!”

Ouch.  Just… Ouch.

Yes, my boobs are that small.  Laugh if you will, but that stung a little. 



***

Also, check it the Act of Valor giveaway going on over at Me and My SoldierMan!

This is one of those movies that we are all dying to get our hands on so it's a perfect giveaway right now!!!


Smaller signature

2 Comments:

Blogger JG said...

Honey, I feel your pain. I bought some Commando brand Takeouts, and they were my favorite accessory. I'm a definite inverted triangle, so when I found cute strapless dresses that fit my middle, they'd sag on my chest. The Takeouts were lifesavers - till my puppies ate them one day when I was in the shower. *sigh* Now they're back on the Christmas list.

Thanks for plugging the giveaway! Good luck!!

June 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger Sierra said...

Sometimes I WISH I had that problem. I remember getting measured for a costume once (former theatre major here) and she does my hips, my waist, then gets to my bust and says, "that can't be right. Take off the padding."

I tell her there is no padding. She then PUSHES ON MY BOOBS and says, "oh my!"

at least that happened years before I had kids and those babies were still somewhat perky, well, I guess as perky as double-D's can be.

June 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home