<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: In Lieu of Frugal Friday- One Lovely Blog

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, June 15, 2012

In Lieu of Frugal Friday- One Lovely Blog

I'm skipping Frugal Friday today.  The hubs has been home on vacation and I haven't had time to plan a post, so I'm going to do a post for a blog award I got nominated for.  :)



Mrs. Duh, over at The Adventures of Mrs. Duh has nominated me for this award.  Check out her blog! I love it and I honestly think you will too!


She said the most lovely things to me when nominating me for this, so I really want to do her proud and  follow the rules, which are as follows: 

The One Lovely Blog Award is a "pay it forward" kind of way to recognize your favorite blogs. 

Here are the rules:

1. Post the award logo on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Tell seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers who you think deserve the award.
4. Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them him/her they have been nominated.

SO, here are 7 Things about Me:

1.  I love my dogs, but really wish I could have a cat.  Yes, my dogs are like my children and I adore them.  They've gotten me through a deployment and are always full of love, but I miss having kitties.  The Boy hates cats and we are not allowed to have them.  It's something I've always been really bummed about. 
2.  I LOVE pickles, but don't generally like cucumbers.  I'm working on it and have found I can eat them when I dip them in humus, but otherwise, would prefer to not have them in my house, or salad at a restaurant, or in general anywhere in the world. 
3.  I was a vegetarian for a number of years.  I have no issue with eating meat, I just don't eat a lot of it, so I went veggie for a while.  I'm back to being an omnivore, but still don't consume a lot of meat.
4.  In keeping with the meat theme, one of the main reasons I don't eat a lot of meat is because I CANNOT stand to touch raw meat.  SOOOOO GGGGRRRROOOOOSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
5.  You may not know this but I'm incredibly sassy, bratty and generally swear like a sailor in my personal life.  :)  In my blog I try to be conscious of the fact that not everyone drops the F- Bomb every other word, nor do they appreciate some of the very off color things that come out of my mouth, so, in the blog world, I'm a lot less snotty.  :)  But if you follow me on FB, you will see that side of me much more (though I still try to keep it under control). 
6.  In the last year and a half, I have lost 27 pounds.  I put on nearly 40 pounds while I was in school and decided that I couldn't make excuses for why I hadn't lost it (two years after graduating) anymore.  I joined Weight Watchers, I created better habits, and now I'm training for the Tough Mudder.  I still have 8 pounds to go (I'm not going to try to lose all 40 of it) and I'm feeling awesome about myself again!  

7.  I LOVE to get comments on my blog, but I am the absolute worst at commenting on others blogs.  Even when I really want to, I generally don't comment.  I know, I can't want more people to comment on my blog if I'm not out there also commenting, but, hey, we are all walking contradictions in one way or another.  I also respond to all comments if I can.  Not everyone has that function set up on their blog, but if you do, I will respond personally to your comment via email.  :)  So, if you have a "No-comment-reply" setting, change it and I will always reply to your comments.  :)

There are you, 7 things you might not have known about me (or might have if you been reading long enough).  

The Blogs I nominate: 


So, I only nominated three blogs, but they are three I adore.  Check them all out if you can.  



Smaller signature

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Tomlin said...

Thank you so much for nominating me!

June 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home