<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Guest Post: DIY Flower Vases

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Guest Post: DIY Flower Vases

I'm so lucky to have Jamie from over at This is me; Consequently doing another guest post for me! She's a pretty cool lady!  I absolutely LOVE DIY projects and this one is AWESOME!!!!!!  And be sure to check out her super cool blog!



Lately, my bookcase has been looking a little boring.



I’ve been seeing these cute DIY vases on Pinterest, so I thought I’d give it a try.

All you need are some empty glass bottles, glue [this tutorial used elmers, but bc I have zero patience, I used a hot glue gun], and jute.

1. Start out by putting a small dot of glue on the inside of the rim & attach the jute. Let it dry & then continue adding small strips of glue to hold down the jute. I used a lot of glue towards the top to get it started.
2. Once you get a good start, you can do several wraps around the bottle before having to add more glue. I would highly suggest going 4-5 rounds and then using just a dot of glue to hold the jute in place.
3. Make sure you are wrapping tightly if you do not want much of the glass to show through. Continue on until you reach the bottom! TIP: I also had to use a lot of glue at the bottom because the bottle I used tapered inward, but just use your best judgement!


And here’s the final product! I paired mine with a few clearance flowers from Hobby Lobby, and I think they add the perfect touch to my book case!

I'm Jamie. I'm a 24 year old recent college graduate, first time mom, and proud army wife. I'm lucky to get to spend my days learning and playing with my sweet baby girl. Cooking is my hobby, and art is my passion. 







Smaller signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home