<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Unspoken Law of the Universe

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Unspoken Law of the Universe

There is some unspoken law of the universe that states "When thy husband is in the field, the shite shall hiteth the fan."

There's always some terribleness that I could really use The Boy during.

The Little One ate something not good on Monday.  She's been doing ok all week, but today she's really not.  I need to watch her and make sure she is ok.  I tend to board the big dogs on drill weekends because back to back 14 hours shifts do not make me a good dog owner at home, and I can never find someone to watch them.  They can't be kenneled that long.  So, now, the dogs are staying an extra night at the dog daycare, The little one is stressing me out and the hubs is not here.

It's not financially ideal for the big brats to stay an extra day, but I can't really have them here either.  Couple my worry about that with the fact that I got a cryptic email from my mom saying she's having surgery, but she's decided to (again, as usual) not return my phone calls.  I'm just sorta burned out when it comes to coping with all the stress. (Not to mention my grandpa)

Rough weekend at work, rough weekend at home, I could use the husband to help with this whole situation and I've had less than 8 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours, but am now too worried about the little one to sleep.   That really doesn't help my stress or my ridiculous paranoia that she is REALLY sick.

She's just so small.  Significant diarrhea is a big deal... But I'm not 100% it isn't just a little cholitis, which she gets, because she is still eating.  She's not truly lethargic, but is borderline...  The problem is, working in an ER, you have a very skewed perspective on things.  On the one hand, we see that one in a million case that has no major symptoms, but turns out it's good our paranoid owner came in because they have some secret awful disease.  On the other hand, if it sounds like hooves, it's probably a horse, not a giraffe.  So, I always end up watching my dogs debating how sick they really are.... But she's sick enough that I don't want to brats here harassing her.

Sigh.  Why does this stuff never happen when The Boy is home.



Smaller signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home