<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: What are the odds?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

What are the odds?

Seriously?  You do one little thing like break up with the universe and quit the world and the universe turns into a crazy ex!

Tonight, after three days of work sorting, cleaning, skipping my day job to deal with the mess, and more money than I care to think about, we were so close!  SOOOOO CCCCCLLLLOOOOOOSSSSEEEE!  

We were almost done putting it all away when I hear my husband utter the terrible, "Aw, are you F'ing kidding me!"  While staring at the doorway of the closet under our stairs.  I get up and say, "what?" just in time to find a giant puddle of water making it's quiet assault on our garage.  We scramble to start moving things and the hubs runs to tell the neighbors that they might want to look in their garage.  I find new mini rivers of water coming through other parts along that wall.  Turns out, after all of that, their new water heater that was put in yesterday, exploded tonight, at like 11pm.  Luckily, we had decided to stay up a bit late to finish a few things.  We still have some stuff we were leaving for tomorrow anyway, but I'm just glad the husband pushed to do just a little more clean up.  Saved us and the neighbors a lot of heart ache had we gone to bed... 

I'm still trying to be thankful.  We caught it again.  We minimized more damage to add to the damage from before.  We had even take the first flood as a sign it was finally time to put up those pesky shelves we kept putting off.  Granted, forced, unplanned home improvement projects are not high on my list of how I like to do things, but we put in shelves and cabinets, I finally got the hubs to get rid of some stuff and sort his 10 years of military crap spread across more foot lockers than anyone family should own, and we got rid of some stuff.   Even the few things that had gotten wet before didn't suffer damage and the one cabinet we did have that had gotten a little cruddy with the water was pulled apart and repurposed.  But what all that work assessing, cleaning, sorting and what not means is that when the waters came in this time they weren't hidden by our crap and our crap was mostly off the floors already.  :)  Some of it is still down there, so we did still have to move stuff, but the bulk is up and out of harms way.  

Thank goodness!!!!

But we did have to sit and wait up for the water emergency people to show up.  Nothing like being up much later than planned because of a flood!  At least the first time happened in the morning! 

UGH!  I'm not much for the FML phrase... But I think it's earned here.  

FML. 

1 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Oh my gosh, lady. That is just nuts!

April 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home