<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Hold me to it!!!! I beg of you!!!!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hold me to it!!!! I beg of you!!!!

Well, last year my friend did the Tough Mudder.  Ever heard of it?  It's a marathon like obstacle course that is 10 miles long designed by the British military to kick your butt and see what you're made of.  Oh, and the money from it (nation wide) goes to the Wounded Warrior Project.  :)

I had said that some day I would do this course... This was added to my someday list that includes running the city 5k that is for charity in my town, running a marathon, and various other things that I tend to forget are on my list when life happens.  Well, going to Europe was on that some day list and I did that didn't I!!!?  :)  So, I've decided, that since I will be celebrating the third anniversary of my 26th birthday this year, there are some things I should accomplish this year before the fourth anniversary comes up.

Yes, all you lovely people out there reading this who will have considerably longer memories than I do-  I will be doing the Seattle area tough mudder this Sept.  :)  My friend who did it last year will be doing it with me.  I've decided that paying the registration fee will help keep me to it too.  But so will all of you, right?  :)

I've enlisted the hubs to do it with me and we will train together.  And, because the course is 10 miles and our little city, summer run is only 5k, I'm thinking I can do both this year.  The 5k will be a good test  of where I'm at and, since I'll be training anyway, shouldn't be a stretch.

Since we've been home, I'm still sick.  Yes, this is the first day of week three of this crud and week two of my antibiotics with not much improvement.  That said, I'm understandably grumpy and the hubs hasn't been taking the sickness well and has gone back to ignoring me a bit.  I'm sorta getting irritated.  So, I'm hoping that me feeling better soon (fingers crossed) and the time we can spend running and training together will help.  The pups are almost old enough to run with us too.

So, in July I will be running my very first, official 5k and in Sept I will be subjecting myself to the Tough Mudder.  :)  We might even have a team we can join of some Marines the hubs knows who does it.  That would be pretty sweet!

Hold me to it!!!  Ok?  This is happening!  :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Krystal Melissa ♥ said...

OMG that sounds SUPER exciting! I'd love to do that too, but let's face it.... I'm so out of shape! I can not run a mile to save my life! So all the best luck to YOU :) haha! Can't wait to hear all about it!

xoxo

March 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home