<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Deep Breath, I love my parents, I love my parents....

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Deep Breath, I love my parents, I love my parents....

Ok, so y'all know things have been hard with my mom.  For some reason she doesn't feel the need to call, see us, or in anyway be apart of our life.

Well, just day prior to our leaving for Europe, I got an email from my cousin about my uncle.  He was discussing the fact that my uncle was thinking about turning off his dialysis and was ready to die.  UHM?  WHAT?

My mother did not think it was important to tell me that he was sick, in the hospital and dying.  Apparently, my whole family got together and planned a day to all go visit and say their goodbyes.  I did not get to do that because I was not told about it.  She then told me that it would be find for us to leave because he wasn't going to die yet because he planned to stay on the dialysis for a week or so.  He turned it off a day later and died a couple days after we arrived in Europe.  I never even got to see him to say goodbye or tell him how much I LOVED our talks.  And I was not informed about him turning off his dialysis until he was already dead.  She forwarded all of those emails at the same time on the same day, a few days after he died.

I was heartbroken.

When I expressed my frustration about not being kept in the loop (during the conversation I had with her prior to our leaving) this is what she had to say:  "Well, he was showing signs of illness at Thanksgiving... Oh, but you didn't come to that."  And, "We all talked about it at Christmas too... Oh, but you weren't there.  We tend to discuss this stuff at the family gatherings, but you haven't been to any in a few years."

Ok, so, if you are all following her logic, my having gone to school for two years to get a job, and said job requiring that I work holidays and weekends, means that, because I am unable to get time off of work to attend various family gatherings, I no longer need to be told when my family members are sick and/or dying.

My cousin on my mothers side has been posting about a sick uncle.... I assumed it was her uncle on her dads side.  Then she said my mothers brother's name.   No one has bothered to tell me he was sick.

Nice, right?

The whole family is assuming my parents are keeping me in the loop, and my parents don't seem to think that they need to tell me about anything.

I'm chanting "I love my parents" in my head over and over to keep from screaming. 

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I am sorry. That really is not cool.

March 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

You can most def. love your parents but you don't have to like them. I had issues with mine in the past that I thought I'd never get past. You're strong, and it's going to take you being strong to get through your mothers selfishness not informing you of family business. Breaks my heart for your loss.

Cassidy

March 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Krystal Melissa ♥ said...

That's not right at all! I'd be so upset too! Like just because you work a lot DOESN'T give anyone the right to NOT fill you in about family. You still care very much about your family and have the right to know when family members are sick/dying because that's a HUGE deal. UGH. So frustrating. :( I'm sorry love!

March 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home