<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Well....

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Well....

What do you do when your best friend and sounding board is no longer there?

My best friend is no longer someone I can talk to.... About anything. I'm heart broken. Like things are bad enough.

I don't know what to do or who to turn to.

In other news, I'm taking my divorce day by day. We are not officially divorcing (yet), so I'm going day by day, or more like hour by hour, to try to make this work. Some days, I can hardly look at my husband, some days we laugh all the time, some days it's both.

We are still going to Europe for our anniversary. I'm in crunch time to finish the trip planning and supply buying. But we got screaming deals on our hotels because it's the off season. So, we have a room that over looks the eiffel tower in Paris and a room that over looks the castle in Edinburgh. We've got travel arrangements for all our side trips and are just deciding what tickets to buy ahead of time and what to buy when we get there for all the various attractions.

The pups are doing better, so that is nice, but my fear of flying over water is making my anxiety level sky high and getting higher every day that brings me closer to boarding the plane... I hate flying as it is. I always get sick. Not cold and flu sick, but like an altitude sickness type thing. And flying over water just makes my dislike of flying worse. Flying over land is fine. Why? Don't laugh: it's because everyone will know if we crash on land. Plane crashes on land, big boom, news media alerted. Bodies are found, survivors accounted for, aid administered. Crashing over water on the other hand... Sigh. Plane crashes, disappears into the ocean, takes hours to realize and even longer to figure out where (if they ever do), survivors probably lost at sea. that's assuming we actually crash in the water and freeze to death. What if we crash onto one of the many uninhabited islands that are yet uncharted? No one ever knows we survived and now we find ourselves in a Lost type situation, though hopefully without the weird mystical happenings and people conducting experiments.

My stress level is through the roof and I've lost my one and only close friend... If I was a cryer, I'd cry right now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Doc's Girl (Noel) said...

I hope you feel better. I know how hard a marriage can be. Like always, I'm around if you'd like to talk/vent/drink vodka/etc. *hugs*

February 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Candice said...

Divorce? Am I lost? I hope you have an amazing trip, and maybe it could save your marriage. I'd try cousnuling also.

February 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

Goodness, lady. I hope that trip helps to make you two get back to the beginning. I (obviously) know how hard it is, and it's a long process. Also- flying?- get a couple Xanax. I am the same way and hate it, but the Xanax helped.

February 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger The Social Frog said...

Hello Erin, Don't think you've been getting my emails, have you?? I've not heard back so I am assuming..no.
Making yourself happy and healthy should be #1, no matter what you finally decide. I honestly hope that this vacation kindles something in both of you, especially your husband. Make the best of it, put everything into it and see where it goes! Hugs

February 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Marine Wife Unplugged said...

I feel like I'm lost, too! Oh no! I agree with what Candice said. I wish I could hug you and try to help you somehow.

February 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger Krystal Melissa ♥ said...

:( I'm so sorry to hear you lost your bestfriend, as far as you not having them (her) to talk to anymore. You don't need to be going through this! Email me anytime if you need to talk, i'm still here.
And EUROPE?! God, I'm so jealous. I have been wanting to go FOREVER.

February 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home