<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Three adorable pups for sale

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Three adorable pups for sale

I have three adorable pups for sale.

In the interest of full disclosure, they are well trained, but crazy.  Oh, and they are peeing in my house.

Sigh.

I've come to the conclusion that they are now fighting over me.  The Little One figured out how to open the baby gate the leads upstairs.  Yesterday, I found that she had marked our bed...  Like, on the comforter.  :(  Ick!  Dominant pups tend to do that when they want everyone to know that their owners belong to them.

My male? Well, he was playing today and stopped in the middle of it to lift his leg on the couch.  Again.  Two inches from where I was sitting.  Double ICK!  He's killing me.

The Little One has always been a dominant little snot and our male is not that dominant, but is jealous as heck.  As is she.  Are you starting to see the problem?

It's hit a point where I've talked to, and am working on setting up a consultation with, a Veterinary Animal Behaviorist.  I don't know what else to do, just doing our dog training with our trainer is getting us nowhere.  For good measure, the pups are all going into the vet tomorrow too.  A little blood work and a U/A to rule out a UTI just to be safe, but this has been going on so long now that I'm not hopeful it will be that easy.

I really want to love them.  They are so cute and sweet!  Our big girl even let me trim her nails for the first time with no effort at all and only a few treats needed!  The Little One is a sweetheart, when she wants to be, and our male has a face that melts hearts where ever he goes... But I'm so irritated that I can hardly stand them right now!

Throw that in with the frustration factor with planning our Europe trip and I've taken a much needed sanity break to watch trashy TV.

I was trying to figure out how to use the public transit system in London, but couldn't figure out what the websites were talking about because they all assume you that you are local.  And to make things worse, I opened my handy travel book from the library to discover that that page has been torn out!!!!! In the famous words of Charlie Brown, "AARRRGGGG!!!" and "Good Grief!"  Dog pee and missing travel book pages is just a bit too much for one day.

So, trashy TV and a good book are it for me.  Now, if I just had a bloody mary, I'd be set.

Oh, and I was kidding about the dogs being for sale... I think.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow.  ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger J M S said...

OY! Sounds like no fun at all. When my male was going through a "i'm gonna mark in new places" phase he was leashed until I could trust him. With three it would be hard but also allows you to correct immediately! Good luck, I feel for you big time!!

January 10, 2012 at 5:17 AM  
Blogger MrsMcDancer said...

Do you allow either one of them up on the bed/furniture? That tends to be the first thing behavioralists suggest you change. Also, do you feed them? If yes, perhaps you could have your hubby start feeding them so he becomes the dominant one? Just a few suggestions {although some of them come from aggression issues more than marking, but in the end both often stem from dominance} Hope things get better!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home