<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Plugging away

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Plugging away

So, yesterday the hubs and I ran errands.  Yes, we are still fighting about everything and anything we can think of in any given moment, but he is at least making a small effort to understand how much I have going on, and that he has to be willing to help sometimes.

It means that I got a bunch of stuff done, so that today I could do stupid stuff like make phone calls.  So, in this process I discovered a number of things:

1.  The people who did our garage estimate are probably never calling back.  It's been months.
2.  Metal garage cabinets are more expensive than my house is worth.  Ok, not really, but it feels pretty darn close!
3. Good customer service goes a long way.
4. I will not give you my business if I have to get up early to get an estimate and you don't bother to show up, and you don't bother to call about not showing up until 3.5 hours after our appointment.  I'd rather go with someone who calls.
5. Tile floors are expensive, but snap together tile floors come in fancy options and are not.  :)  I think I've found my new floors!
6. Gel tiles that are stick and place, that look like glass tiles, also not expensive.  I think I've found new accents for my kitchen and bathrooms!!!
7.  Home Depot hires the most incompetent people ever.  Case in point: I called and asked for a specific product that their website has.  It's radiant floor heating, but a specific brand.  The guy told me that Home Depot (the entire company) doesn't carry it, that they only carry "radiant floor heating" products.  Uhm.... Yeah, I know, I just asked you if you carried that product, but in a specific brand... Even after I told him what I was looking for again, and that the website has it, he insisted that Home Depot doesn't carry it and that they only carry "radiant floor heating."  I gave up and called Lowe's instead.  LOL!

We leave for Europe in a little more than a month and I'm plugging away at that too.  I had to buy some of the books I got from the library due to missing pages, but I think I've got the bulk of it figured out.

I'm just sorta plugging away at life right now and hoping for the best.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Well it seems like you are in a home makeover at this time! It amazes me that home depot is still open because all I ever hear are terror stories like yours! haha I guess it's good for Lowe's!

January 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger andersa9 said...

Wish you the absolute best! Keep your head up, things will get better.

http://blondesguidetotheworld.blogspot.com/

January 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home