<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: My forever

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, January 9, 2012

My forever

My dogs are forever, they are not for just right now.  They are not mine unless they are sick, or old, or irritating.  I did not get them to keep me busy until something better comes along.  I will care for them until I am no longer able, whether it's me or them that goes first in that scenario is no matter to me.

I love my dogs.

I do not have children.  My dogs are like my children.  When times are tough, when my heart hurts, when I need love, they are there.  They do not care if I'm rich or poor.  They do not care if we have a fancy house, or live in a car.  They do not care if they ever have another tasty, expensive treat.  They do not care if I feed them cheap food, or the best that money can buy.  They do not care if I'm grumpy, if I'm angry or if I'm laughing.  They love me no matter what.  They are always happy to see me.  They are always happy with what I can give them.

I will spare no expense, so long as I have the expenses to spare.  I will spare no amount of time, so long as I have time to give them.  I do not care what is wrong with them, I do not care what illness they may have.  I will do right by them.  If that means having to say good bye too soon, or having to forego something I was saving for to pay for treatment, I will do what is right for my dogs.

I will not send them off to be someone else's problem simply because I'm frustrated.  That is not an option.  Rehoming my dogs is NOT AN OPTION, until ALL OTHER OPTIONS have been exhausted.

Let me be clear.  When no one else was there, my dogs were.  When I was lonely and needed a friend, my dogs were that friend.  My dogs are not disposable.  They will not be someone else's problem.  For better or worse, they are my problem.

This is non-negotiable.  And given that it was me that trained them, even when I didn't want to, and me that cared for them, even when I was told I wouldn't be doing it alone, and me who loves them no matter what, it will be ME who makes decisions in regards to their life.  ME and no one else.

If you want a say in how your pets are cared for, then you have to care for your pets.  

1 Comments:

Blogger "Mrs." Hot said...

Hmm... tried to comment.

I used to leash my male in situations where I assumed he would mark. Obviously, it would be hard with 3 dogs but many have said it's worked for them also. If they can't be tied to their hip for quick correction they are crated.

Gunny gave up the marking fairly quickly and I don't worry about it at peoples' houses too much anymore.

January 11, 2012 at 3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home