<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Grumpy

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Grumpy

I'm grumpy when I'm ouchie... My back is all hurty and I'm kinda grumpy...

WA state just past a law into being on Jan 1 that all cats, dogs and ferrets have to be vaccinated against rabies.  We were one of only 10 states who had no state mandated law for this prior to Jan 1 2012.  It was determined city by city, or county by county, with unincorporated areas having no specific requirements.   This came up on a forum I'm apart of.  I mentioned this fact.  Someone from another state pulled up a website from a few years ago that lists all the states and their rabies laws and claimed that this site said that ALL states had a law requiring it, but it was state by state on when it was to be given and how often.

Well, that was just flat wrong.  1.  Not all states require it.  2.  Under the section citing WA state law, it clearly says "draft." 3.  If you look up the law WAC code it cites, there is nothing there.  4.  The only part about that WA section that was correct was the law that says animals coming in from other states have to have it with a travel certificate or proof of it.  That is true for nearly all states anyway.

Was I a jerk for not letting it go?  Probably.  But I posted a link to a news article about how it's a NEW state law and was previously city by city, or county by county with some areas having no law at all... I also then posted a comment pointing out the fact that the website she posted says clearly that the WA law is a "draft" and looked to be a draft of the current/new law.

Yeah, I shouldn't interact with the public when I'm in pain after a long day at work.

No, I wasn't rude about it, but I probably didn't need to point out how and why she was wrong either.  Sadly, it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people don't bother to read the stuff they are trying to throw in my face to show me I'm wrong.  It's also a pet peeve when people think the internet knows everything and don't bother to check their sources.  A 2 second Google Search of "Washington state new rabies law 2012" brings up a number of articles and the law it's self clearing showing that it took effect this month.  And, frankly, seeing as it was a huge deal around here and it's something that directly effects my job, I think I might know a little about it...

Ugh, I'm getting snotty again.  Sorry.  Just a few of my major pet peeves come out when I'm feeling feisty because I'm hurty.

Pain meds and bed time it is.

This is why I sometimes don't feel fit to deal with the public and strangers, let alone strangers on a public forum... People already irritate me on a normal day, let alone when I'm tired and/or grumpy.  And my inability to hold my tongue under both circumstances are just setting me up to be a leper in the world of human interaction... I hope I wasn't mean.  I honestly tried to be nice about it... 

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I think it's a good thing that you let her know she was wrong. If you had just sat there and be quiet, everyone that was there would've had false information!
Hope you're feeling better!

January 22, 2012 at 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home