<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Update on the non-profit

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Update on the non-profit

So, I found out that this non-profit has a poor reputation.  :(

That is our mistake for 1. Not researching them, and 2.  Trusting only one source and not verifying.  :(

I found out that many people have poor experiences with them and have had similar situations to our happen to them.  :(  Very sad.  Good intentions, but not great about the implementation.

Since we did send them a smaller donation, I figured I should also tell y'all why:

We went back and forth, but decided our money was best given to an org that we know their reputation first hand.  So, I've decided to use our extra money, and my couponing abilities to get food and treats cheap and donate it to our local city and county shelters.  There is also a non-profit my friend speaks highly of that gives free medical care to pets that belong to people who are homeless.  I've contacted them and they would love for food donations as well.

I worked at a non-profit previously that was well intentioned, but had someone running it that didn't know what she was doing.  They ultimately closed and most people do not even know how wasted so much of their money was.  I do not want my donation to be mishandled due to poor management.  I want to feel confident that the money I am giving is truly making it's way to help these animals find homes.  $400 is no small amount of money in our lives, and it's too much money for us to be concerned that it's not getting used appropriately... :(

Sad that we had this experience.  :(  I hope this place can turn it around for the sake of all of the animals they are trying to help.  

1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Thats too sad about the company but it sounds like you guys made the right decision.

December 15, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home