<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Life

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Life

Sometimes life just gets the best of you. 

Sometimes I find myself sitting there thinking, "how did I get here? Why does it always feel like I'm swimming up stream? Does everyone feel this way?"

I'm sure they do. I'm sure we all do sometimes.

My migaine is the worst it's been in ages today, the holiday season isn't looking promising, and a million other things. But you know what? I have things to look forward to.

So, my trip to europe won't be the trip of my dreams... it looks like we can't afford to see paris or any of the other things I wanted to do. But you know what? I've always wanted a passport and I got one. And in three months, there will be a stamp in it. And even if there is only ever that one stamp, that will be something.

And sometimes, it sucks to not have many friends or be close to my family, but I have a home filled with dogs who adore me and a husband who makes me laugh (and sometimes makes me want to punch him in the face) and really, that is what family is. Love mixed with irritation lol! It doesn't matter if the ones who love you are human, or even blood related.

And, lying here in the dark, nursing my pounding head, I can't help but think that we all have something wonderful waiting for us. Trying times happen. even the happiest people feel sad at some point, and, maybe it's the pain meds making me fuzzy, but I just know that tough times happen for a reason. Even if it's just to make us appreciate what we have and realize that we don't need everything we want to be happy.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present. ~ sir francis bacon

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marissa said...

I like your thinking!! The glass is half full :) many people never even leave the country!! Have a great time take lots of pictures!!! Btw I enjoy reading your blog!!

-m

November 21, 2011 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger MrsMcDancer said...

I hope your migraine gets better soon! As for your trip, it will be amazing no matter what and there is still plenty of time in life to get to the other places :-)

November 22, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home