<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Something Sweet

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Something Sweet

So, in this black mood of mine, I have had a little bit of a sunny day.  :)

I really wanted to get the new Nook Touch, but I have a Nook and I just got it for my birthday back in May.  I was so sad when just a month later the new Nook was released.  I really wish the girl at Barnes and Nobel would have told me.  The Nook Touch has all the features that I had said in my head that I wish my original Nook had.  :(

I tried to come up with a valid excuse to get a new one, but I couldn't.  I tried to see if I could sell my Nook and use the money to buy a new one.  I tried to reason my way into it, but just couldn't justify it.

Well, on Black Friday, the new Nooks went on sale, in limited supply, for just $79.  I couldn't go wait in line for it because I had to work and so did the hubs.  None of my friends were able to get it and I was sad. It's such a good price and I couldn't figure out how to get one, let alone justify it.

But... last night, the hubs handed me a bag and in that bag was the NEW NOOK TOUCH!!!!!!  He knew I wanted it so badly and new that I would never get it for myself.  He got up super early, unbeknownst to me, and went and stood in line, in the freezing cold, before work on Black Friday.  He must have been up super early because the store he went to only had 30 of them!!!

I can't believe it!  It's so unlike my husband to do something like that and it was so pleasant a surprise!  I absolutely love it and am so excited!

What a sweet gesture on his part.  He knows I don't generally just buy stuff for myself and he knows that I feel like I can't justify getting stuff just because I want it.  It was so sweet of him to buy it for me in secret just because.  He did laugh and say it was part of my Christmas present.  I told him it could be my whole present.  I LOVE that he did this for me.  We've been struggling so much lately and it nearly brings tears to my eyes that in the midst of the struggle in our relationship, he did something like that.  Something so out of character that he knew I would never guess.

My new Nook will be great for when my head hurts and the TV screen is too bright.  It was be so nice to have on the plane to Europe (the battery last for up to a MONTH!) and I'm just so thrilled beyond words.  Sometimes, even when you think things are bleak and there might be no hope, there can be a little bit of sweet in that bitterness.

Sigh- when he does stuff like this, it reminds me why I keep try, why we keep holding on, and why I married him.  :)  It makes me remember that everyone struggles and we can still love each other through our struggles.  <3

3 Comments:

Blogger Krystal. said...

SO sweet of him <3

November 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger chambanachik said...

That's so awesome!

November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger MrsMcDancer said...

This comment is super behind, but I am so glad that your husband went out of his way for you and gave you a reminder of good things :-)

December 9, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home