<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Migraines= Good day?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Migraines= Good day?

Well, there is good news and bad news today....

Bad news first- I suffer from Intractable Chronic Migraines.  It's a fancy way of saying I have migraines that last longer than three days and don't respond to traditional migraine treatment.  I wish there was an emoticon for an EXTRA sad face.

My neurologist said that the treatment for this is Botox injections.  I'm not kidding.  And she says she has had really good success with it, but that most insurance companies need some encouragement to pay for it because it's super expensive.  That said, studies show that the injections will keep my migraines away for 3 months, but that some people have relief for up to six!  Imagine a world where I don't have month long headaches that make me nauseous for six months at a time!!!

I just wish I didn't have them at all.  I'm almost to day 21 of this current headache and the last time it lasted 6 weeks!  I'm talking 24 hours a day.  :(

I have always had migraines, but never like this and this didn't even really feel like a migraine per se.  But, I guess Intractable Chronic Migraines tend to have abnormal migraine symptoms that don't completely fall in line with traditional migraines.  And it explains why nothing works... But really, we haven't tried much because I'm allergic to most every migraine medication known to man.  I have no idea why, but I'm lucky that way.  LOL!

****

On to the good news-

And it's very, very good news.

A few months ago, I applied to a job.  I didn't get it.  But, apparently, they kept my info.  They emailed me a few weeks ago and asked me to come in for another interview for a different position.  And yesterday, they offered me the job-  Contingent on my references checking out.  :)

Hurray!  It's three 14's, so I will still be able to be home four days a week.  And it's good benefits and an awesome hospital with a great reputation.  Not to mention, it's ER work, which I love!

I'm so excited!

So, boo to migraines, but yeah for job offers!

2 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Migraines are the worst (and I honestly can't imagine one lasting that long- 24 hours is long enough for me to hate life!). Hope you can get that Botox!

Yea for the job!!! Big congrats.

November 2, 2011 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger The Social Frog said...

Wow, I am so sorry you get headaches like that. I get one once in a while that will last a day or two and are miserable! Congrats on getting a new job! I hope it works out well for you.


www.thesocialfrog.com

November 4, 2011 at 3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home