<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I feel like a jerk

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I feel like a jerk

Do you ever feel like a jerk, even when you had good reason to be upset?

I do right now.

I needed my new pups records.  We were told the rescue had them. Turns out they didn't and we couldn't get anyone to call us back!  So, I emailed the board of directors head person.  I told her how frustrated we were and why.

The reality is, we need the new puppy's proof of Rabies to license her.  We need her proof of vaccinations and spay to put her in doggy daycare.  We need her records because we've already spent hundreds of dollars on vet care and it would have been useful to have known what she had already been treated for, but no one would email or call us back.

I felt I had no choice.  I needed to know if we were going to be able to get the records or not.  We needed to know how much more money we were going to have to pay to get the pup up to snuff medically.   I emailed this poor woman (not in a mean way) and she was prompt!  We had the records within a half hour to hour of contacting her.  Which is great!  So why do I feel like an ass?

Because it turns out our point of contact wasn't responding because of a family emergency.  :(  Now, that doesn't change the fact that we needed the records and had been trying to get them for weeks.  It doesn't change the fact that no one was calling us back, even when we called the direct line and left a message.  But it makes me feel like a jerk none the less.

Turns out there was another person we could have been dealing with, but no one told us.  And I was all mad that our person wasn't responding.  :(

I feel like a jerk for being so upset about not being able to get a response.  

2 Comments:

Blogger MrsMcDancer said...

You shouldn't feel like a jerk as long as you didn't resort to being rude. To be fair, you said that you've been trying for weeks. Well, if someone is having a family emergency, they need to be sure that if they will be unavailable for that long that someone else is there to pick up the slack. Glad you got it all sorted.

November 8, 2011 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Don't feel like a jerk! It sounds like you've been trying to get the records for awhile and you were doing your best to be polite; and hey, at least you finally got them! Sorry you're feeling guilty though. That's rough.

Just found your blog through the Military Spouse Blogging Community, and didn't want to be a lurker. :)

November 11, 2011 at 5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home