<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: What's the deal with people?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

What's the deal with people?

Tonight, while walking our female doberman, we met a Whippet.  I told the owner that my dog was friendly, but that she is only 7 months old and is a bit exuberant.  She said her dog was friendly too, but when our female approached to greet the Whippet aggressed.  Like snarling, growling, lunging, aggressed at her... With NO warning.  Our poor girl yelped and bolted, luckily I had a good hold on her leash.  But she's a lover, not a fighter.  :)

But she is also sorta dumb and tried/wanted to go back to this dog and say hi again.  The owner was quick to grab her dog and scolded him for being a butt head and she apologized.  I was holding my dog, trying to diffuse the situation, and said, "No, he obviously doesn't like you," to her and smiled.  I laughed and started to say that she has issues understanding when other dogs don't want to play, but her friend cut me off and said, "issues with boundaries?"

Seriously?  That little, bitty, Whippet tried to take my dogs face off and MY dog is the dog with problems with boundaries?

I'm so sick of people trying to make my dogs the problem because they are large, and are Dobermans.

This is not the first time we've had a smaller dog aggress at one of our pups for no specific reason, only to then be told that it was our dogs fault.  One lady actually said, "I thought you said YOUR dog was friendly,"to my husband after her yorkie thing attacked our male unprovoked.

Having a small dog is not an excuse to not socialize them.  I know, I have one.  And having a small dog definitely does not automatically make someone else's dog at fault when there is a a scuffle.

So, I've decided that I'm no longer leaving my house.  I just don't think I can keep dealing with stupid people.  I mean, I knew we were going to meet breed bias when we got our pups.  I knew people were going to assume they were aggressive and what not, but I had no real concept that it also meant that people would try to accuse them of being aggressive when their unsocialized pups (or just plain mean pups) aggressed.  I would never do that with my little dog if she aggressed to a larger dog.   

2 Comments:

Blogger Morgan said...

HaHa! I have a Pit Bull named Tara. And the same thing has happened to us when going for walks.

October 30, 2011 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger MrsMcDancer said...

Ugh I HATE when people with small dogs feel entitled to let their dogs misbehave and then act like bigger dogs are to blame! The ONLY times my dog has been injured at the dog park {or been in any sort of altercation} has been with teeny tiny dogs and he's a lab golden mix {not small lol} Just because your dog is pocket sized does not mean they are angels! End rant hahaha

November 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home