<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: It's officially time to panic

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's officially time to panic

Well, I was up for a job I really wanted.  I posted that I didn't get it.  Turns out, that was wrong.  They were just taking their sweet time making a decision.

So, I waited.  I waited and waited.  I got a text about a half hour ago from my friend who works there telling me she was sorry that I didn't get the job.  I cried.  I probably cried out of the pure shock.  Or out of the intensity of the anxiety I have been feeling for two weeks while I patiently waited to hear from them, but secretly jumped in anticipation each time my phone rang or I got an email.  I'm so disappointed.

What sucks?  They didn't even bother to contact me and tell me I didn't get it.  I had to hear it from my friend.  What sucks more?  I got let go from my job over this all.  True, I had already resigned, but when I had to take two days off of work to accommodate their time frames for meeting with them a second time and jumping through more hoops, my job called and told me not to bother finishing my final week.  I missed out on 50 hours of pay to jump through hoops for a job that didn't even bother to tell me I didn't get hired.

And now, I have nothing.  My husband had decided that I shouldn't apply to other places while I was waiting to hear from this job.  We are now entering the slowest time of year in the vet industry, so jobs will be slim pickings.  I missed out on 50 hours of pay that we could really use to tide us over while I start my job hunt all over again.  Not that we aren't doing well, it just sucks to go through all of that for a job that didn't even have the courtesy to contact me to tell me I didn't get it.

I'm just disappointed and little irritated.  Oh, and did I mention a little panicked?  Sorta sucks to have no plan.  Well, for me it does.  I'm a person who plans and always has a back up plan and now I have nothing.

Ah, well.  Life will move on I suppose.  At some point, some day, I will find where I fit in life and be happy about it.  Until then, I look come up with a new plan.

2 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

I'm sorry, girl. :( That's lame that they didn't even tell you. Job stuff is so frustrating these days.

October 6, 2011 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger The Social Frog said...

Wow, Sorry to hear this. You need to catch a job break soon and a good one that makes you happy to! Sending happy, positive thoughts your way! Hugs :)

October 6, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home