<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: It's official, We are Bat S*** Crazy!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's official, We are Bat S*** Crazy!

The hubs decided I couldn't get the old man min pin.  His exact words were, "I just don't think I'm ready for another dog."  Famous last words...


Meet Butthead #2.  She is our new 7 month old Doberman rescue pup.  She will be living with us for two weeks on a trial basis to be sure she is the right fit for our pups.

This all came about because I kinda wanted another dog.  I'm not sure why really, it just seemed like we needed a third kiddo to round out our little gang.  But the hubs kept saying no.  I really wanted either a little 8 week old baby, or a full adult, but really I wanted an adult dog.  I felt like we needed to look at rescues to find an adult that needed a good home, and to save my sanity.  Another puppy in a house with a one year old puppy would be a bit much, don't ya think? That worked so well, right?  

Our local dog store was holding an adoption event for Seattle Pure Bred Rescue.  I had talked to them in the past, but they didn't have any min pins at the time and also didn't have any dobies that were multi dog household friendly.  So, we got Butthead #1 and called it a day.  Well, today, they were there with their Doberman division and bunch of dobies to be adopted to good homes.  They had a bunch of wonderful dogs.  The hubs just wanted to go see what they had available.  LOL!  

We went and met a bunch of dogs... One red female took to me right away!  They were amazed.  She had shied away from everyone, but then I walked over and she walked up to me, let me pet her then tried to sit in my lap, even though I was crouching, not sitting.  I wanted her!  She was two and pretty mellow.  But she didn't seem all that interested in the hubs.  He directed me to a little black female puppy who loved everybody she met.  He liked her.  We talked about it, but weren't sure because we both liked different dogs... But, I understood his desire to not have another dog that only likes me (clearing throat, The Little One).  So, we decided to talk to the rescue about the little black female.  Hubs went home and got the pups and brought them down to meet her.  They did great.  Butthead #1 seemed to really love her.  They were a match from the start!  He was so happy and would bark at her when she was paying attention to someone else or another dog.  So, the foster dad brought her to our house to see how it would go, and also to do our home inspection.  He thought we had a great home and a good set up and our trial began immediately! 

So far, she's doing great.  The Little One in indifferent to her arrival, as usual.  Butthead #1 loves her, but is incredibly jealous.  We might have a little issue to work out with that.  But they get along great and play very well together and are wearing each other out. 

We'll see how the next two weeks pan out.  But I love her!  :) 

1 Comments:

Blogger The Social Frog said...

Ohhh, how cute! We do have 3 dogs, but right now while we live in Japan we were only allowed to take 2 of them here. So my family is taking care of Bailey and it is so HARD not having all my babies under my roof. 3 is much harder than 2 but worth it I think. I hope she is a good fit. Odd name though,lol. Beautiful pup!

www.thesocialfrog.com

October 17, 2011 at 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home