<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I must be crazy!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I must be crazy!

So, I have a bit of a soft spot for pets... I'm a vet tech, it sort of goes along with the profession.  When I was little, my parents wouldn't let me have any small pets like gerbils or anything.  I made up for this by adopting cats.

Once, when I was in grade school, I was visiting a friend's family on the peninsula of Western Washington.    On the way home, a gentleman was giving away free kittens.  I asked what was going to happen to the ones he didn't give away, he told me he was going to drown them.  I promptly agreed to take the runt just in case he was telling the truth.  My parents were pissed, but they didn't make me give the cat away either.  :)  I did this more than once in my life.  HAHA!

Today, I found out that our local human society is doing a free weekend.  As in, adopting the animals is free this weekend.  I decided to look at their website for a Min Pin.  Given that I have one, I love them and have always wanted two.  I've been keeping my eye out for ages.

They have one.  He's an adorable old man.  He's 10, but Min Pins live forever.  I spoke with the human society about him.  He's been there for a year.  He was adopted in July, but the owner got very sick and had to return him because he couldn't care for him anymore.  It breaks my heart.  They said he's a pretty standard Min Pin.  He's really healthy, he's friendly, likes other dogs and is very mellow.  I'm already in LOVE!  The catch is that I'm going out of town tomorrow morning for a conference.  I will be gone all of the days they are running their free promotion.  The typical adoption fee for a purebred is $250!!!!

I'm trying to get the husband on board.  He's thinking it over right now.  They are open until 8pm tonight, so we might be able to go meet him together, then the hubs could pick him up tomorrow when the free event starts.  We'll see.

I'm crazy for even thinking about it.  But I've wanted a second Min Pin pretty much since we got The Little One.  But I've been putting it off so we could get our Doberman... which we have.  :)  Since the pup would come with all his shots and neutered and all, to get him for free would be amazing!  All we would need to do is get him into the vet for an initial exam.  We have extra leashes and collars.  We have toys and all of that.  We have more then enough treats and dog food, all we would need is another bed.  Hardly any out of pocket expenses up front.  And since he has no health issues yet, we wouldn't be out a lot of money on the vet care front.

It's silly.  But I really want this dog.  I have a soft spot for Min Pins and it would be so nice to adopt one who needs a home like this little guy.

I just gotta get the husband to agree to it... 

2 Comments:

Blogger Doc's Girl (Noel) said...

Can you let me know which humane society this is? My husband and I are on the hunt for a dog and/or another cat, but we'd prefer a purebred dog if we can find one.

I promise not to take the min-pin (we want a bigger dog anyways):)

October 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

omg! Who would drown a cat?? haha! Crazy guy!

October 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home