<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Extreme Couponing week #1

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Extreme Couponing week #1

First trip in my extreme couponing world?  15 bottles of Propel, retail of 20.85, I paid just $5.85.  Savings of 72%. Two tubes of Crest toothpaste, and four cans of Progresso soup, retail of 18.34, I paid $3.29.  Savings of 83%.  I did the rest of my shopping at the commissary.  3 Top Ramen noodles, 3 Uncle Ben's Ready Rice, 1 Uncle Ben's white rice, 2 Mio drink mixes, 1 Digiorno Pizza, 1 box frozen orange chicken, and 1 tube toothpaste (the husbands favorite brand).  Total after coupons?  $23.85.  Grand total spent today- $32.99.  :)  Not too shabby.  Though, We did a massive shopping trip, with coupons at the commissary last week, so I had considerably fewer items on my list this week.


I also have the added bonus of the commissary.  This means that no matter what, I'm never actually paying retail for my groceries.  This is great considering the Seattle area is well know for having some of the highest grocery prices in the country. I still count it as a win.  With the commissary prices and my coupon use, I generally am able to save an average of 60% or more each week.  If I can parley the use of the commissary and the local grocery store sales into closer to 70 or 80% each week, all the better.  


Feeling pretty good about my week.  I was hoping to get all of our groceries for under $50 this week.  Mission accomplished.  :)  This means I have enough money left over to buy ink for the printer!  HAHA!!!



1 Comments:

Blogger The Social Frog said...

When we lived in the states we next to never used the commissary, always found food cheaper elsewhere! Now we don't really have a choice here in Japan so we have to buy at the commissary and it is insane expensive, the commissary does not save me a dime, coupons do.

www.thesocialfrog.com

October 4, 2011 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home