<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Blah and unsure are not a good combo

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blah and unsure are not a good combo

Well, if I was feeling BLAH before, I have no idea what I'm feeling now.

I heard from that job I really wanted last Friday (after my post about the conference).  They contacted me and said sorry for not contacting me... They also said they wanted to discuss taking me on as a per diem basis and that I will be their first call for a full time position when one arrises.  Well, I heard from them again today, and the earliest they would be able to take me on is in January.  And that is best case scenario.  So, I'm not sure what to do about that.

On the one hand, it means I have time to finish the house and get my deviated septum fixed.  On the other hand it means being unemployed for another three months minimum.  But, how can I, in good conscience, take a job anywhere knowing I am just waiting to hear from this one as to when they can take me on?  That is a terrible thing to do.  If it was going to be a year or 6 months maybe, but I will hear from them in three.  That's just terrible to do to a place.  So, I'm not sure what to do on that front...

It's good and bad.  It's good because I sorta wanted to get my nose fixed and spend a little more time at home.  It's bad because three months is a little more than I planned.

Would any of you apply for jobs knowing you will likely be leaving them in a short period of time?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Social Frog said...

No, I presonally would never bother wasting my time or theres especially for only a short period of time. But thats only my opinion.


roseann@thesocialfrog.com

October 13, 2011 at 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home