<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: PPPPPPAAAAAASSSSSSPPPPOOOORRRRRTTTTT

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, September 30, 2011

PPPPPPAAAAAASSSSSSPPPPOOOORRRRRTTTTT

Today, I applied for my first ever US passport.  :)

It was awesome!  I filled out the forms online, printed them, got our photo's done and had our birth certificate copies in hand!  The whole process only took a few minutes once there. It pays to prepare ahead of time!

It's a little scary to me that I was able to order copies of both our birth certificates by mail, but hey, it saved me an entire day at the county records office waiting in line.

The lovely part is that the very nice woman who helped us informed us that the current wait time for passports is only three weeks.  That would be three weeks less than the shortest wait time listed.  Typically it's 6-8 weeks.  Last year, when we looked into getting our passports, the wait time was 12 weeks, if not longer.  The reason was because that is when the WA/Canadian border began requiring a passport or "enhanced" drivers license to cross the boarder.

I'm so excited!  It makes it even more official that we are going to Europe!!!  I have my travel books that I'm pouring over for tips, I have my passport on the way, I have plane tickets and a place to stay.  I just gotta deal with that little fear I have about flying over water and save up some extra money to burn while we are there.  Stupid high exchange rate!!  LOL!

WHOOHOOO for passports!!

2 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Man, I would be so thrilled too. Congratulations!

September 30, 2011 at 6:22 PM  
Blogger The Social Frog said...

How exciting! YAY. I have had a passport for many years and it is a simple process and next to no time if you apply at the right time, like not in the middle of the summer, 2 weeks before you are going on a trip,lol. Yeah, I HATE flying but after the flight from Florida to here in Japan, it's all good. I flew a lot before then but this was by far the LONGEST flights ever...ugh. You will do fine. Do you have an e-reader? I read a lot, slept a lot and watched movies on the planes.

www.thesocialfrog.com

September 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home