<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: No turning back now...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

No turning back now...

Well, I found awesome plane tickets to London last month.  I went to check them out again the other day and they had DOUBLED in price in just 30 days!!!!

My heart sank.  We can't afford a ton for airfare and by the time we enough to make that work, they will have gone up again!   :(  We talked at length about this sad turn of events, my husband and I.  I remembered that last month, on a whim, I had checked the price to visit earlier in the year and it was cheaper.  We decided to check those dates.  They were cheaper, but not amazing.  Until I decided to check one stop flights.

We usually don't have stops when we fly because I am NOT, in any way shape or form, a good flyer.  I get sick, I have issues with my ears, I can't sleep, I have issues with the pressure in the cabin etc.  So, the sooner we get our feet on the ground for good, the better.  Usually.  I had previously tried to check one stop flights and most wanted us to lay over for an entire day somewhere.  And no where was any good.  Who wants to lay over for a day in Dallas?  Why not Scotland?  LOL!

But I found a great flight yesterday, whith a short layover in Iceland for an AMAZING price (as in 50% of what they were to go 6 weeks later!!!!).  The layover is only 2 hours, and it's right near the middle of the flight, so it will be a good break.  It gives us enough time to grab a snack and see some fun Icelandic souvenirs, but we won't be stuck there for too long.  We agreed that it was a happy medium.  Hopefully, it won't make me horribly upset to get back on the plane... Though I supposed vacationing in Iceland wouldn't be horrible.  HAHA!

So, today, I purchased the tickets.  There is no turning back now.  I am officially going to London, taking a day trip to Paris and maybe hitting Scotland for 14 consecutive days for my anniversary next year!!!!  I'm terrified and excited all at once!!!!  I've never been farther than Canada, and really, the last time I went there was when we could still drive over the boarder with just our drivers license.  And it's only a three hour drive away, so I don't think it counts.

Whew!!  Now, to get our passports, find a way to afford luggage (which we don't own), get some clothes (which both the hubs and I really need) in time for the trip, pay for Christmas, ball and my conference which is next month.... HHMMM.  It's a good thing I financially plan all year for stuff like this, or I might be freaking out a little.   Ok, I'm still freaking out, but a lot less than I would be if I hadn't been planning all year.


HOLY COW!!!!  I think I'm going to be having daily panic attacks for the next 5 months!!!!!!  Did I mention I'm actually pretty afraid to fly?  Why did I want to do this again?  Please remind me that it's going to be the trip of a life time and that our plane is not going to go down somewhere over the Atlantic.  

3 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

Gosh, I seriously can't think of anything more exciting. So awesome!

September 19, 2011 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

That's gonna be so fun!!

September 19, 2011 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger The Mrs. said...

Would hubs be seriously offended if you changed the name on his ticket to mine?? i've known you longer!!!!

September 29, 2011 at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home