<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I need to dance in the rain

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I need to dance in the rain

Well, I had a spurt of wonderful for a bit.  I was feeling pretty good about things and then the clouds that were looming so closely in the background, rolled in.

Let me start at the semi-beginning.

I really wanted this job I applied for, but was offered my "current" job first.  Being that I was unemployed, I had no choice but to take it.  I thought I might be happy there.  Then, it started to feel like I wasn't welcome. I was being paranoid, but did it seem like I was in trouble all the time but no one would tell me why?  Then the management issues started to come to light.  Like a manager who tells you to do something that is just plain, poor medicine.  Ah, well, policy is policy. But things continue to go down hill, no matter how hard I tried to be nice and get along with everyone.  Then I find out that everyone I work with hates it there and is actively trying to leave!!!  So, I do what I have to do and quit.

So, this all happens.  I'm sure many of you read some of my vague posts about it.

Well, Monday, they fired the best doctor we had using the weakest argument possible.  Then, later that night, one of our managers sent out an incredibly offensive, inappropriate, not to mention unprofessional email.  I won't get to far into it, but it was an entire page of self serving BS about how much she sacrifices for us and why can't we do the same.  And how SHE keeps us employed.  She is just a manager, not an owner, mind you.  She tried to make us feel guilty that we weren't spending more time away from our families to be more dedicated to the hospital and tried to make us feel like if we didn't our jobs would be in jeopardy.  I'm not kidding.  So, I was glad I left.

However, Monday, I was trying to work out a time to do a second interview at the job I had originally wanted.  They are still hiring and interested in me.  But I was having a hard time and had some other personal things going on.  So, I ended up having to call into work to deal with all of this and the fact that my car had to be fixed (I ended up in the shop for over three hours!!!)  All this added up to me having to take yesterday off too.  At which point my manager called me and said that she didn't think I needed to finish my two weeks.

She called my assistant, who put in her notice the same day, did and said the same thing.  Whatever.  It as a lot like a temper tantrum.  She is still pretty mad that when she asked why I was leaving, I told her the truth.  I did it nicely, but I was honest.  In that conversation she said she wished we could have worked it out.  I mentioned issues with a number of lead techs, one in particular, which treated me poorly.  She said that she felt she could have helped me and this girl work it out.

Cut back to yesterday.  Given that I'm now fully unemployed, I went to have drinks with some old co-workers.  I was informed in that conversation that they weren't surprised I was told to not finish my two weeks (it's not really uncommon for employers to do that), but the reason got to me.

That lead tech who was always mean to me for no reason?  She was actively trying to get me fired!!!!!  For what, no one could tell me.  I never messed up on the job, I was always on time, and until this week had never asked for a single day off. I was polite, I never yelled at anyone, I have no clue what on earth she would have wanted me fired for.  And the fact that my MANAGER told me that she thought her and I could have talked about our situation and worked it out is even more irritating.  She knew this girl was actively trying to get me fired, but told me we could work it out?  Seriously?  So, it wasn't just this girl, or even the general staff that is two faced, back stabbing liars, but the management as well.

One of the doctors told me that this girl would go to them and ask how I was doing and how I was working out.  When they all said it was going well and that I was good, she would ask them if they were sure about that.  GEESH!

I'm so done with people like that.  I spent my time there thinking it was a little cliquey and I had trouble communicating with management and that it stressed me out too much to stay.  Now, I come to find out that it's not just cliquey, they are all back stabbers.  This girl actively tried to be nice to me sometimes.  She asked me how things were going and I told her that I was struggling with the day staff (not in any way other to say that.) I then told her that I constantly felt like I was doing something wrong, but no one every seemed to tell me.  That that is the feeling I got from them.  I told her I felt like people would tell me, at least the doctors would, if I was messing up, but no one had.  She just smiled.  She didn't say, "yes, I think you are messing up and don't think you should work here."  She said nothing.  But was secretly trying to get me fired.  And not a single person can think of something I have done that would warrant that, other than this girl is on a power trip.

I'm trying to not let it get to me, but that, coupled with a number of other things in our lives, is making it hard to deal with the clouds, let alone the rain that seems to be pouring on my life right now.

I need to learn to dance in the rain and not let the stresses of things I can't do anything about get to me.  I'm just soft.  And I'm hurt that people act that way.  I'm upset that ADULTS act that way.  I'm hurt that someone would be so mean.  You would think that I would be used to that by now, being an adult who has lived in this world so long...

I just need to put my big girl panties on, say "screw it" to them, and move forward in my galoshes and and jump in the puddles.


2 Comments:

Blogger chambanachik said...

:( Shady.

September 21, 2011 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Amy Young said...

Oh screw that girl... sounds like shes not worth getting you upset. I know that its not easy to just blow things off like this, but you should. Some people are just like that... prolly insecurity issues on her part. You are a good person!! I hope you get this other job, and I hope it turns out to be everything you thought it would be.

:)

September 21, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home