<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Grateful

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Grateful

We all need to feel a little grateful sometimes, don't ya think?

I'm having a week in which I'm feeling blessed.  Which is weird, because it's been a bit of a rough week.  But sometimes you need these rough days to remind you how good things are and how lucky you have been.

I was really looking forward to this week because the hubs is home on vacation.  The downside to that is that he's home with nothing to do!  LOL!  It means twice the cleaning, twice the dishes, twice the laundry, and twice the aggravation.  But I was envisioning walking the dogs in the middle of the day, dinners together, and lots of laughing.  What happened instead?  I woke up sick.  And not just a headache, but minding numbing, head in the clouds, feeling too terrible to get out of bed, sick.

How did this start?  Saturday night my nasal passages were a little dry.  Over hydration?  Maybe.  But Sunday morning I woke up and could tell a cold front was coming on.  I talked to the hubs about it because I had planned on painting the bedroom.  He said to do it, even if it meant me getting worse because I had been putting it off for so long.  And I did.  I painted the whole darn thing in one day, two coats and all.  And immediately collapsed on the couch and fell asleep, feeling like utter crap.

I've spent the whole week fighting this illness, in combination with trying to clean up after the hubs, run errands, and (EEEEEKKKK!)  look not horribly, terribly sick, for our family portraits we took on Wend.  UGH!  All this has added up to me never able to feel quite better.

How does this make me blessed?  HAHA!  Because the hubs was supposed to get his vacation pay two weeks before his vacation, per the rules of his union.  He didn't.  He didn't get it last week either.  This means that we have to grieve his employer (per union rules, his job has seriously messed up).  It has made financials in the house tough.  But it also means, we will get a paycheck next week, when we normally wouldn't.  Which means we can plan a bit easier and I won't have nearly as much stress paying bills tomorrow.  A blessing in disguise.  :)

My room got painted and I LOVE it!!!  Blessing.

My husband has been surprisingly nice about me being sick.  He usually isn't very good about having a sick wife. Blessing.

And I have had time do a little more financial planning than usual.  I have figured out how to save a bit of money here and there that I usually wouldn't have had time to seek out.  I have created a better plan for the rest of our year (and our vacation next year) and have had lots of time to make a plan to implement our new goals and how to fit it all in with only one income for a while.  BLESSING!!!

And the best blessing of all?  It's two fold.  I really wanted that job.  Turns out, they didn't make a decision, which is why I still don't know if I got it.  I'm still in the running (blessing!).  I had scheduled an interview for this week at a clinic that is perfectly fine, but not my first choice of work places.  The hubs looked at me and said, "Go ahead and go to the interview, but I don't think you should take the job.  I don't want you to settle for a job just because it's there.  It won't kill us for you to hold out on applying to places for another week or so, until you find out about this job that I know you really, really want."  WOW!  Just WOW!  I was speechless.  I'm so BLESSED to have a husband who is willing to cut back so that I can hold out for a this one job.  Of course, if I don't get it, I will find something else and I just might have to settle.  But for the time being, I am happy knowing that I can wait a bit to see if that will be the case.  :)

And, really, we lived on just his paycheck while I was in school, we can do it again.  It just makes things tight.  But we can do it.  Another week won't kill us.  We haven't even had to dip into our emergency fun yet.

I'm so grateful that this stressful, rough week happened.  So many great things can come out of trying times. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home